Marillion with Friends from the Orchestra (now in 5.1 surround on Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Well this is very good news!

See below:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/dvd/racket115BD.htm
This is the Blu-Ray version of the concert film recorded at St David's Hall, Cardiff, Wales on the 16th November 2019 during the Friends From The Orchestra Tour.

Features the entire show. Audio is stereo PCM and 5.1 surround.

Also includes bonus material -

Man Of 1000 Face (Live In Paris with choir)
Live In Kensington Bootleg Slideshow (You're Gone, Power, A Collection)

Making Friends (Documentary)
Estonia Promo Film

With Friends From The Orchestra Studio album in 96khz stereo PCM and 96khz 5.1 DTS Master HD

Double Blu-Ray in slim case with outer slipcase.

Recorded and Mixed by Michael Hunter.

Concert Filmed by Tim Sidwell / Toward Infinity.

2xBD50 - All regions.

DISC 1
GAZA
BEYOND YOU
SEASONS END
ESTONIA
THE HOLLOW MAN
THE NEW KINGS
THE SKY ABOVE THE RAIN
ZEPERATED OUT
OCEAN CLOUD
FANTASTIC PLACE
THIS STRANGE ENGINE
MAN OF 1000 FACES (LIVE IN PARIS)
YOU'RE GONE (LIVE IN KENSINGTON)
POWER (LIVE IN KENSINGTON)
A COLLECTION (LIVE IN KENSINGTON)

DISC 2
ESTONIA
A COLLECTION
FANTASTIC PLACE
BEYOND YOU
THIS STRANGE ENGINE
THE HOLLOW MAN
THE SKY ABOVE THE RAIN
SEASONS END
OCEAN CLOUD
MAKING FRIENDS (DOCUMENTARY)
ESTONIA (PROMO FILM)

2321.jpg

2321.jpg

I'm surprised there has not been more chatter about this release.
I ordered my copy last weekend, and it shipped out earlier this week.

In the meantime, here's a new preview video of one of my favorite Marillion tracks "Seasons End"

:)

it mentions studio album in dts master hd is this in addition to the concert coverage and if so what is included?

it mentions studio album in dts master hd is this in addition to the concert coverage and if so what is included?

It's all listed in the first post. You get the entire live show from St. David's in Cardiff, plus the entire "With Friends from the Orchestra" studio album both mixed in 5.1 surround, plus other bonus features as well.

My brother just ordered this (though he doesn't do surround đŸ€) as he saw them with the Orchestra in Bath and said it was a tremendous gig, so I'll wait, my to listen to pile is way too large!

I hadn’t ordered it as not keen on live recordings too many oiks who think we want to listen to them shouting and whistling rather than the band but as there is also a surround studio recording will be ordering now.

I might get this, live recordings are usually not a priority for me but some of my favourite Marillion tunes are on here (Man of a Thousand Faces, Estonia, This Strange Engine), I will follow some reviews prior to ordering.

I'm surprised there has not been more chatter about this release.
I ordered my copy last weekend, and it shipped out earlier this week.

In the meantime, here's a new preview video of one of my favorite Marillion tracks "Seasons End"

I am still totally new to this band (Only have the Misplaced Childhood set), but this song was fantastic! I'll have to start going through their catalog now. You'll have to let us know how the mix is because I have not been impressed with most of the live releases that I have bought. It's just not mixed how I enjoy listening to music in surround and I don't really like how my system sounds with just "enhanced" stereo.

My Mark Kelly's Marathon CD/DVD has been dispatched today. I've resisted the Friends Blu-ray, because it's closing in on Santa time. ;)
Quick question: does Marathon have a surround mix? I tried checking on Racket Records but found nothing

Quick question: does Marathon have a surround mix? I tried checking on Racket Records but found nothing

To the best of my knowledge, no - it does not.
The deluxe edition looks to just have the CD + DVD with a live run through of the album from Real World Studios”.

To the best of my knowledge, no - it does not.
The deluxe edition looks to just have the CD + DVD with a live run through of the album from Real World Studios”.
Thanks, that was my unders'tanding too. I was kind of confused with Rothery's new solo release, I think I did read in that case he was considering a surround mix

Yes, I believe Rothery is considering a 5.1 mix whenever he gets to finish his solo project. Sounds like he has delayed finishing it to concentrate on Marillion's next album.

I am sure you know that Pete Trewavas' side project "TransAtlantic" is getting ready to release their next album with 5.1 options.

Personally:
Of the band's outside projects, I am only appreciate Rothery's "SRB" projects.

Back