Marillion with Friends from the Orchestra (now in 5.1 surround on Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I believe Rothery is considering a 5.1 mix whenever he gets to finish his solo project. Sounds like he has delayed finishing it to concentrate on Marillion's next album.

I am sure you know that Pete Trewavas' side project "TransAtlantic" is getting ready to release their next album with 5.1 options.

Personally:
Of the band's outside projects, I am only appreciate Rothery's "SRB" projects.
Different preference here: I used to like more H's solo projects, like his acoustic sessions in Gibraltar or his collaboration with Richard Barbieri. Rothery's solo... so far... left me cold. And maybe I should give Transatlantic another chance, but to me they the represent the cliché of what prog should not be.

Marillion is a perfect example of their “sum being more magical and greater than their parts”.

Respectfully spoken from a devoted fan. They are one of my favorite artists.

Hey @César, Have you given the “Colours Not Found In Nature” release a try from Bane, Isildurs + Hogarth?

Kind of eclectically interesting

Hey @César, Have you given the “Colours Not Found In Nature” release a try from Bane, Isildurs + Hogarth?

Kind of eclectically interesting
Not really. I remember quickly sampling some songs I think it was on Spotify, but never gave it another chance. Just added it to favourites in Tidal so that I do not forget to listen. I work at night today, maybe I'll have some spare minutes to check it out.

I got my copy on Monday (very quick turnaround for a UK shipment I might add)
I haven't had a chance to go through both discs yet, but the live mix is definitely an ambient mix, but it seems like they make a lot better use of the surround field on the studio 5.1 mix (as they should) so here's the poll: HiRez Poll - Marillion - WITH FRIENDS FROM THE ORCHESTRA (AT ST. DAVID'S) [Blu-Ray Audio]

I'll try to dive into this disc more when I can.

Back