HiRez Poll Marley, Bob - LEGEND (30th Anniversary) [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Bob Marley - LEGEND (30th Anniversary Edition)

• 5 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Bad Fidelity, Bad Surround Bad Content

• Total voters
Hi, I recently bought this album really cheap (US $13.93 + US $4.18 shipping) from a Ebay Chinese seller. Everything seems to be ok, but I looked for matrix pictures at Discogs.com and I couldn't get anything. I found pictures for European and Japanese editions, but none for this (suposse to be) US edition. Nor even matrix number or ifpi code.

If somebody of you owns the US edition, could you please take a look and compare with mine?

BD.jpg

And this is a picture of the CD:

CD.jpg

I bought a Deluxe ed. (CD+DVD) of Nightwish Dark Passion Play from the same seller as well, and although I couldn't find pictures of matrix, according to Discogs matrix numbers and ifpi codes everything is ok.

By the way, the seller still has two copies so, if everything is ok and some of you is interested in it, just tell me and I will paste the link to the seller.

Thanks in advance.

I love the music here and the mix, I just feel like there is a bit much stuck in the center occasionally, still great though. Kinda insane how discrete this thing is based on the source material, would not expect a mix this good for this album.

I give it a 8

Interesting, in Exodus there's a part "movement of Jah people" where Bob Clearmountain puts the mix in the FR and FL channels and they have the same Frampton Come's Alive! effect (vocal/guitar morph) that Peter does on the song "Do You Feel Like We Do"

wikipedia says Frampton Come's Alive! was released in 1976 and Exodus was released in 1977 so interesting to think Bob Marley and Co heard Frampton Come's Alive and used that same talk box effect on Exodus. Funny how Third world Reggae and American pop/rock was so universal. Or was it Bob Clearmountain who resurrected the effect for the 5.1 mix?

^this, just because I was listening to it today in honor of the Honorable Bunny Neville O'Riley Livingston RIP

A six? Who in their right mind gave this a 6? Even if the fidelity were a 4 (which it certainly isn't), the material being a stone cold 10 would make this an eight. It's a ten from me and one of the most important surround releases ever, but I can at least squint to see how someone could possibly grade it an eight. A six is a joke.

That's what I'm thinking...the 6 voter has never posted on the forum..newbie.. so we won't get an explanation from that source...so hopefully the 5 voter stops by to provide an explanation...in any case it's a shame that the ratings have been diluted in this manner on such a fine disc...
This is a plausible explanation.

This is a wonderful release. Was given it as a present. Always nice ... as you also remember your thoughtful friend whenever you put it on. :)

I don't use star ratings on my review site, because I often believe people over rate, and in contrast under rate when they don't like something. Let us remember that the average is the middle of the road, which many of these releases fall into - they are good but not superlative. Just my opinion of course! So, is it possible that the surround mix and sound quality of Legend is average? I personally think it is above average.

Back