Marmor, Stein und Eisen bricht aber unsere Liebe nicht - Drafi Deutscher - True HD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for all the german-impaired like me? :)

And for all the german-impaired like me? :)

Well, "Marmor, Stein und Eisen bricht aber unsere Liebe nicht" by Drafi Deutscher was a rather well-known song from the sixties in Germany (it translates to "Marble, stone and iron breaks, but not our love", how corny is that?).

It is still unclear what Timm's initial post was about since the body of the post only contained a rather unintelligible "Ao", but the addendum True HD in the subject suggests that he was either asking for a Blu-ray containing this or telling us that there is one available (which I doubt).

Kristian remarked that this song is hard to bear even in stereo (he does have a point!).

Why jefe1 felt compelled to share with us that he is from Berlin is not clear to me either...

And that was about it! :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Oliver

To be more precise, the reference is to a single by Drafi, released in the USA (and charted, got to #80) as "Marble Breaks And Iron Bends," from 1966. What that has to do with surround sound is beyond me, but hey, I guess we're going international here....:D

ED :)

What I actually intended to point out with the song: Mable, steel and iron breaks but not the love, is that since the beginning of quad around 40 years ago one system after another apears and dies - but the 360 degree 3 dimentional natural listening pleasure is the same since the beginning.
The struggle of coming up with one unique system that is available to the mass is still not accomblished.
It never will be untill the mass is mobilized to be able to experience the real natural listening 360 degree space.
Therefore no matter what new system is coming to existence. The common customer still will not know the advantage of natural listening enjoyment.
Untill there is no regular discret surround radio available to the public, there will be no massiv breakthrough.
A new standard along with public availability of broadcasting is a need for a real turning point in the format war and the discussion of surround.
Therefore it is not a question of whether dts is better than dolby, or what comes next - it is a question of public availabilty.
Public broadcast - to promote the advantage of surround and new surround releases - and than why not BD Audio. Sacd - DVD Audio - DVD Video etc. did not make it, because of the confusion of ununique system wars.
No matter what system the idea of surround will stay on.
Timm

One lesson we've learned: NEVER mention Drafi on a message board, let alone a quad message board! :D

Interesting thoughts, thanks for the clarification. :)

Still......I'm not sure multichannel radio would mean a whole lot to the iPod generation. And I'm not sure multichannel itself really matters to the public as a whole, except for playing movies and concerts, where it's perceived that there will be 5.1 sound, since it'll be obvious in the packaging and menus.

But of course there is broadcast surround sound on television....but what about music? Well, do any of the satellite and Sirius-types or all those cable channels offer surround sound? That would be a start, but with sources limited, what might be needed is a separate surround channel in and of itself.

For various reasons--some at cross purposes--multichannel audio-only simply hasn't caught on. As I've stated elsewhere on this board, one big problem (IMO) is that not only do the labels not particularly care about surround but, apparently--and most depressing of all--neither do most recording artists. The few who have--the Doors, Heads, Genesis, even the Beatles to a degree--are mostly older acts, legends, with a history. Porcupine Tree and Bjork, among more recent performers, are the exception, which is really incredible considering it would cost no more to mix to surround than it would to normal (whatever that is these days) stereo. On the other hand, what need to mix to MC if downloads and regular CD's are still selling well?

The answer would seem obvious, yet no one is prepared to take the plunge and make the audio market multichannel-based.

ED :)

Back