Mary Fahl (former lead singer of October Project) releasing From The Dark Side of the Moon (FTDSOTM) in 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that she listens to her fans concerns. I plan on ordering on payday next week.
I've had the extraordinary privilege to converse with her quite a bit leading up to release and recently. She seems to be the nicest person on the face of the planet and to have genuine concern for her fans' wishes.

I've had the extraordinary privilege to converse with her quite a bit leading up to release and recently. She seems to be the nicest person on the face of the planet and to have genuine concern for her fans' wishes.
I feel someone like this deserves to be supported. I listened to this in stereo on Spotify today and enjoyed her reworking of this classic album. I will be ordering this.

Interview with Mary Fahl and Mark Doyle
~ From the Dark Side of the Moon Blu-ray Audio
with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 mix ~

That is a really great interview Mike.
As you said, Mary comes across as a very nice person and is clearly passionate about what she does.
A unique set up for you to have a three way chat...and it worked!!
Although I did wonder when Mark was going to speak!!
There's another feather in your cap Mike
Be fun to do that with more artists.
Now if you could get Mr Wilson to do one...…..

I've just had a really nice email from Mary, what a nice person. So lets all support her how ever we can.

Mike, thanks for that interview with Mary and Mark, well done.
Another person involved in Mary's project is David Werner and I never heard of his music either so went down the rabbit hole and listened to below as I think its on Lp only as music never went to digital. Not bad at all, fairly catchy songs by David Werner and believe Mark Doyle involved in David's music as well.

David Werner-David Werner album from 1979

Ordered mine, great job on the interview Mike, Any artists that are that passionate for surround these days deserves our support; and besides, it's just damn good! I'll be sure to listen to this with my custom LiS Woodcut T on 🤠

Can't wait to dive into that interview vid tomorrow! Big Mary Fahl supporter, we had a couple of nice conversations after a couple of nice shows. I got her to sign a copy of Dark Side I had scored in a used shop in Minneapolis a couple of years before she had re-released it...surprised her, because it was one of the few promo copies that got out before the release got canceled when V2 went out of business. She was a significant part of an internet station I had created as part of an experimental format I was developing, and was glad to pick her brain about what I was doing, and how her work fit into it. Meeting her, and her husband, was an extraordinary pair of encounters for both me and my wife.

Needless to say, this blu-ray is going to be a priority for me this year!

Great interview!!! When Mary mentions her east coast shows with her full band, she is spot on. I've seen her show a few times and the DSOTM set always brings the audience to their feet. That being said, I expected this mix to be at least half-way decent; especially with Bob Clearmountain involved. But after hearing Mike's review of this, I can't wait to hear it! And it just might be in today's mail. :D PS I hope everyone is in good health!

...I expected this mix to be at least half-way decent; especially with Bob Clearmountain involved. But after hearing Mike's review of this, I can't wait to hear it!
Per Mark Doyle, in the interview yesterday, Bob Clearmountain described this 5.1 mix as his best. To Sir George Martin, no less.

There are things going on in this mix that no "one and done" settings could have achieved. Bob clearly dug in to this one more, probably because he loved what he heard and his personal connection to Mark and David Werner.

One of the most jaw-dropping moments of the interview.

I can't wait to hear this. As a fan since the early days (I was lucky enough to see October Project twice in the 90's) I've always loved Mary's voice.

Just wondering what other folks' shipping status is on this one? I got shipping notification on Thursday, but the USPS tracking page shows that although a shipping label has been created, it hasn't actually been handed over to the post office yet. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I can obviously understand if they're reluctant to head out to the post office with everything that's going on.

Back