Mary Fahl - new album "Can't Get It Out of My Head" coming on 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Infomas, I don't have Surround on the computer. Will get the files burned to disc and play on my seperates system. Great album by the way, some very unique takes on some classics. Thanks again(y)
Love her voice. Very deep and unique. She adds a haunting quality to everything she sings. Glad I could help.

I bought the download version. When you go to download the files it says at the end of the track title 5.1 FLAC. After downloading, the track header says, "MARY FAHL_Can't Get It Out Of My Head_01_Can't Get It Out Of My Head__96k-24b", question is as I am unable to burn it to disc just at this point in time, is, is this a Hi-Res Stereo FLAC file / 5.1 FLAC file, or is it just Stereo. If I double click on the computer Windows Media Player will play the file no problem, in Stereo. :confused: I'm in the process of moving house and my surround system is at my new place. Any thoughts most appreciated
Yeah, moving. What a b***h. I moved into my house three years ago, and unboxed my record collection (see avatar) two days ago.

But to address your question - I have a programm called goldwave that can open and edit just about any audio file exceps DSD. It cost about $30 fifteen years ago with free upgrades (and a free trial). You can open the FLAC file with it, and it will display all tracks present in the file. I mostly use it to edit radio broadcasts, but it has an amazing array of tools. www.goldwave.com

Cheers Infomas, I don't have Surround on the computer. Will get the files burned to disc and play on my seperates system. Great album by the way, some very unique takes on some classics. Thanks again(y)

If you have FooBar2000 on a Windows PC just play the file, and it will also show all of the info related to the file provided one has configured FooBar2000 to display that detailed info. I use this all the time to confirm bit depth, sampling rates, and number of channels on a variety of audio files - even though my production PC is setup for stereo only.

Yeah, moving. What a b***h. I moved into my house three years ago, and unboxed my record collection (see avatar) two days ago.

But to address your question - I have a programm called goldwave that can open and edit just about any audio file exceps DSD. It cost about $30 fifteen years ago with free upgrades (and a free trial). You can open the FLAC file with it, and it will display all tracks present in the file. I mostly use it to edit radio broadcasts, but it has an amazing array of tools. www.goldwave.com
Thanks for that barfle, it's now $59 but I downloaded the demo and opened one of the files and instantly saw the 5.1 Great piece of software Cheers (y)

A quick follow-up question on GoldWave, I see they have a $19 version, is this the one you would recommend? Many thanks

A quick follow-up question on GoldWave, I see they have a $19 version, is this the one you would recommend? Many thanks
At the moment, Iā€™m not familiar with whatā€™s different. Iā€™ll take a look later today.

Thanks very much.
I took a look at the cheap version, and it looks pretty powerful, too. It certainly seems like it will show you 5- channel FLAC waveforms, but if I were in your situation, I'd go ahead and try the evaluation version. The only thing it's missing is that it stops working after a handful of operations.

I took a look at the cheap version, and it looks pretty powerful, too. It certainly seems like it will show you 5- channel FLAC waveforms, but if I were in your situation, I'd go ahead and try the evaluation version. The only thing it's missing is that it stops working after a handful of operations.
Thanks for the feedback, in my case, I am mostly looking for a decent editor, ripper and burner for regular cds, I'm guessing this cheaper version will work fine :)

I had an odd thing happenā€¦just last week I received this from Amazon (remembered to order it thanks to Mr. Bagginsā€™ year-end review!) & my Oppo could not read itā€¦said it was a ā€œData Discā€, but there were no files on it(!)
Amazon promptly replaced it and the new one, happily, is fine.
Has anyone else had this issue? šŸ¤”

I had an odd thing happenā€¦just last week I received this from Amazon (remembered to order it thanks to Mr. Bagginsā€™ year-end review!) & my Oppo could not read itā€¦said it was a ā€œData Discā€, but there were no files on it(!)
Amazon promptly replaced it and the new one, happily, is fine.
Has anyone else had this issue? šŸ¤”
I'm fairly sure that the disc is actually a 'manufactured' BD-R (I'll check later) rather than a stamped mass-production disc, probably to keep costs down. So most likely failed to burn properly which is why is showed up as a data disc.

Beat me to it :) I'd just checked
The fact that it's a BD-R is burned into my mind. When i noticed it upon opening up my copy, the letters stood for Big Disappointmentā€“Really. I certainly understand the need to cut costs; i just wish it were advertised as such. I also recollect paying more than i thought i might given the fact that it's a BD-R. I'm not sure what the shelf life of a BD-R is; perhaps this will get me off my lazy aspect and start ripping all my media onto a hard drive and a backup. I clearly need to let this one go! Maybe a little Patience is what i need. I'll report back if it works (on the SM thread!). Peace.

Back