Mary Fahl - new album "Can't Get It Out of My Head" coming on 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No knock on Mary Fahl, but we may all need antidepressants if we listen to Nick Drake and Richard Thompson songs on the same album. Thompson once released an anthology entitled, “Doom And Gloom From The Tomb.” Of course, I love both Thompson and Drake.
Well, it is Richard AND Linda, which is usually less gloomy. But, I’m okay with depression. The first time I saw Peter Hammill, I just assumed we all head west and jump off the pier after the show. 😀
I don't know about the doom only the gloom, Richard Thompson is known as the Rainmeister (even Fairport call him that :LOL:), every time he comes back and plays in the UK it rains, every time I've seen him at festivals its rained i.e. got drenched! ...... and I'm going to Fairport's Cropredy Festival in August and Richard Thompson is playing..... I'm taking my waterproofs and may be a canoe! 😜

I don't know about the doom only the gloom, Richard Thompson is known as the Rainmeister (even Fairport call him that :LOL:), every time he comes back and plays in the UK it rains, every time I've seen him at festivals its rained i.e. got drenched! ...... and I'm going to Fairport's Cropredy Festival in August and Richard Thompson is playing..... I'm taking my waterproofs and may be a canoe! 😜

Well, sheesh: every time I've seen Richard Thompson, solo or with a band, has been a joyous occasion. He has great "energy" on stage (not Mick Jagger prancing-around kind of energy, but you know what I mean), and his wry, witty banter is drier than dry. A song like "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" may nominally be a tragic ballad, but hearing him play it live will give you ecstatic shivers. Anyway. . .I trust Mary not to bring us all down!

Dunc, perhaps they should enlist the services of guitarist Andy FAIRWEATHER Low to guest and the dreaded Rain Spell will be broken!

See the source image

Am REALLY looking forward to Mary's new BD~A. With Prent/Proper at the controls and her choice of eclectic songs, should be a REAL KEEPER!

Last edited:
Well, sheesh: every time I've seen Richard Thompson, solo or with a band, has been a joyous occasion. He has great "energy" on stage (not Mick Jagger prancing-around kind of energy, but you know what I mean), and his wry, witty banter is drier than dry. A song like "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" may nominally be a tragic ballad, but hearing him play it live will give you ecstatic shivers. Anyway. . .I trust Mary not to bring us all down!
He has an amazing presence on stage, I saw him play solo at the Trowbridge Folk Festival a few years ago just him and a guitar (yes it did rain, but it was in a large marquee!) and he had the entire audience mesmerised

Well, it is Richard AND Linda, which is usually less gloomy. But, I’m okay with depression. The first time I saw Peter Hammill, I just assumed we all head west and jump off the pier after the show. 😀
Go and listen to side one of “I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight“ and then get back to me. “Cavalry Cross” and “Down Where The Drunkards Roll” should have you on in a puddle on the floor. Follow that up with “I Misunderstood“ in 5.1 from “Shoot Out The Lights“(“I thought she was saying goodbye luck, she was saying goodbye…”). And with that, I’ll say no more.

Egads Duncan, rain in the UK? You must have gotten into a bad batch of Lucky Charms breakfast cereal! I guess it’s time for you to move to Seattle!

“You could get a tan from standing in the English rain.” JWL

Go and listen to side one of “I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight“ and then get back to me. “Cavalry Cross” and “Down Where The Drunkards Roll” should have you on in a puddle on the floor. Follow that up with “I Misunderstood“ in 5.1 from “Shoot Out The Lights“(“I thought she was saying goodbye luck, she was saying goodbye…”). And with that, I’ll say no more.
I stand corrected. :)

According to an email I just received from the Mary Fahl mailing list:

Hello Friends!

Well - the official date for my album release is 7/22/22! I will be taking pre-orders on my webstore at www.maryfahl.com/store/ starting the end of this week and they will be mailed out on 7/20/22! Here's a description of the album:

"In an effort to find some light and comfort during these challenging times, singer/songwriter Mary Fahl looks back to some of the essential music that has brought her sustenance and clarity by reinterpreting songs from her greatest inspirations … Pink Floyd, George Harrison, Moody Blues, ELO, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young and others. For Mary, this is a tribute to the music that defined her as an artist."

I got the email earlier :SG

Anybody in the UK interested in getting together and ordering copies as it will cut down on the P&P and the dreaded exorbitant tax gathering fee, I'm happy to order and redistribute at cost.

PM me if interested.

I'm overjoyed at the soundbites from Mary's new album "Can't Get It Out Of My Head!"

And with Ronald Prent's remarkable remixing prowness I cannot forsee it being less than a 10 in the polls!

And what a selection of songs ......IMO, not a 🍋in the bunch........ all 40 🥕's

Last edited:
Back