Mary Fahl - new album "Can't Get It Out of My Head" coming on 5.1 Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my signed copy in the mail today. Ripping it now and will listen in a bit. Had a bit of trouble using DVD Audio Extractor to recognize the file created by MakeMKV, but DVD AE was able to rip directly from the disc itself without issue. I also uploaded the track metadata to db so hopefully it is out there for anyone else ripping it. Can't wait to hear it based on the early reviews!

On Mary's website today only, you can download a Digital Deluxe Edition (22 Tracks) as WAV in your Fidelity Choice for just $5.

Digital Deluxe Edition (22 Tracks*):
  • 24-bit/44.1k WAV files
  • 24-bit/96k WAV files (large download)
*Includes 2 bonus tracks and instrumental versions of the original 10-Track Album (available as 24-bit/44.1k only)

Stereo only, but if you were on the fence about this one, or just wanted an easy way to have digital download versions or wanted the instrumental tracks (which are not available on the blu-ray), this is an easy and cheap way to do it.

https://maryfahl.com/product/cant-get-it-out-of-my-head-digital-albums/
This is from the email she sent out:

Hello Friends!

You all are the best friends and fans in the world! The response has been overwhelming! I spent the last several days buried in packaging pre-sale orders and personalizing mailings - it was so gratifying to see so many names I recognized... It reminded me of all the shows and all the hands I've shaken over the years.

As a thank you to all for your support of my latest release, Can't Get It Out of My Head, today and today only, we are offering any digital download my new album for just $5. Take advantage before midnight tonight (Thu 07/28) with the album download of your choice (see below)...

For you, it provides an easy way to listen to the record at the highest fidelity in digital format on your personal devices when unable to stream from your preferred platform. Also as an added bonus, the digital deluxe version includes instrumental tracks of the full-length album for those who would like to enjoy the record as ambient background music, as well as, the two bonus tracks previously only included with the Blu-ray 5.1 Surround Audio Disc.

I'm hoping this way everyone can enjoy all the music from my latest release while helping me advance the success of this record within the music industry.

On Mary's website today only, you can download a Digital Deluxe Edition (22 Tracks) as WAV in your Fidelity Choice for just $5.

Digital Deluxe Edition (22 Tracks*):
  • 24-bit/44.1k WAV files
  • 24-bit/96k WAV files (large download)
*Includes 2 bonus tracks and instrumental versions of the original 10-Track Album (available as 24-bit/44.1k only)

Stereo only, but if you were on the fence about this one, or just wanted an easy way to have digital download versions or wanted the instrumental tracks (which are not available on the blu-ray), this is an easy and cheap way to do it.

https://maryfahl.com/product/cant-get-it-out-of-my-head-digital-albums/
This is from the email she sent out:

Hello Friends!

You all are the best friends and fans in the world! The response has been overwhelming! I spent the last several days buried in packaging pre-sale orders and personalizing mailings - it was so gratifying to see so many names I recognized... It reminded me of all the shows and all the hands I've shaken over the years.

As a thank you to all for your support of my latest release, Can't Get It Out of My Head, today and today only, we are offering any digital download my new album for just $5. Take advantage before midnight tonight (Thu 07/28) with the album download of your choice (see below)...

For you, it provides an easy way to listen to the record at the highest fidelity in digital format on your personal devices when unable to stream from your preferred platform. Also as an added bonus, the digital deluxe version includes instrumental tracks of the full-length album for those who would like to enjoy the record as ambient background music, as well as, the two bonus tracks previously only included with the Blu-ray 5.1 Surround Audio Disc.

I'm hoping this way everyone can enjoy all the music from my latest release while helping me advance the success of this record within the music industry.
I bought the download in 24/96 but get a fail in unzipping on my Mac.
Anybody else?

Not to worried about it as my LPCM 5.1 arrived today, only wanted to throw some cash in the kitty and get the instrumental mixes.

Well-pleased so far.
Also found it on Apple Music, so Mrs Wave will be spinning it in her new Airpod Pros as she walks the neighbor's dog in an hour.

Any West Coasters still waiting for their copy? (I ordered mine on Day 1. . . .)
Did you not get a ship confirmation email with USPS First Class tracking number?
Mine took four days from Easton PA to Nebraska by way of Trenton NJ, Dallas & Omaha.

BTW: got a reply from MF about my download problem, her webmaster put the hi-res files in dropbox, got a good transfer today.

Did you not get a ship confirmation email with USPS First Class tracking number?
Mine took four days from Easton PA to Nebraska by way of Trenton NJ, Dallas & Omaha.

BTW: got a reply from MF about my download problem, her webmaster put the hi-res files in dropbox, got a good transfer today.
Nope--just an email (on July 26) that "Your Mary Fahl order is now complete." No tracking number. But if that was the day it shipped, then I'll give it another day or two.

Any West Coasters still waiting for their copy? (I ordered mine on Day 1. . . .)
I'm not a West-Coaster (living in NE Wyoming now), but I have not yet received my copy, also ordered on Day 1.

I did, however, have the great pleasure of seeing Mary's show in Denver on the day the album was released. I got to speak with her after the show which was the icing on the cake after enjoying her hour-and-a-half show. If you have the chance to catch one of her shows, I can't recommend the experience more enthusiastically. For me, it was a six-hour drive to Denver, but well worth it.

...and on a related note, she is achingly beautiful. :love:

I ordered both discs (dark side & cant get it out) with personalized signature. What should I ask for: “Life is better in surround” or “Surround is so real”?

I'm not a West-Coaster (living in NE Wyoming now), but I have not yet received my copy, also ordered on Day 1.

I heard from Mary that she sold out of the deluxe (5.1) edition sooner than expected and couldn't immediately fulfill all of the pre-orders with her first shipment. I'm gonna spin that as good news. Other good news is that it's back in stock and she's working to get back orders in the mail ASAP.

Last edited:
Did everyone else get a BD-R? I was surprised to find mine is a BD-R:
FE14A8BE-AEF4-407A-8C19-577313D42DD3_1_105_c.jpeg

Ultimately, it's all good. I was just surprised; from the dark side of the moon is a BD-A

Last edited:
What a great album. My wife bought this for my birthday, at least I can say that as it came in her name. She opened it and called my daughter to see if she had sent it to her to get into some new artist. The next night my daughter came by and we watched some youtube videos of Mary and my wife was really impressed as she had never heard of her. Needless to say the gig was up that I had ordered the disc. I think this will be played time and again in our house.

I heard from Mary that she sold out of the deluxe (5.1) edition sooner than expected and couldn't immediately fulfill all of the pre-orders with her first shipment. I'm gonna spin that as good news. Other good news is that it's back in stock and she's working to get back orders in the mail ASAP.
Still waiting for mine as well. I was going to just get the download, but... I want the autograph.

I bought the download version. When you go to download the files it says at the end of the track title 5.1 FLAC. After downloading, the track header says, "MARY FAHL_Can't Get It Out Of My Head_01_Can't Get It Out Of My Head__96k-24b", question is as I am unable to burn it to disc just at this point in time, is, is this a Hi-Res Stereo FLAC file / 5.1 FLAC file, or is it just Stereo. If I double click on the computer Windows Media Player will play the file no problem, in Stereo. :confused: I'm in the process of moving house and my surround system is at my new place. Any thoughts most appreciated

I bought the download version. When you go to download the files it says at the end of the track title 5.1 FLAC. After downloading, the track header says, "MARY FAHL_Can't Get It Out Of My Head_01_Can't Get It Out Of My Head__96k-24b", question is as I am unable to burn it to disc just at this point in time, is, is this a Hi-Res Stereo FLAC file / 5.1 FLAC file, or is it just Stereo. If I double click on the computer Windows Media Player will play the file no problem, in Stereo. :confused: I'm in the process of moving house and my surround system is at my new place. Any thoughts most appreciated
If the file says 5.1, it should be a 5.1. The specs for the 5.1 are 96/24. Do you have 6 speakers on your computer? If not, most software will either downmix it or leave off channels. If you are using Windows, you can right click on a file and go to Properties and then Audio Properties and you should see your 5.1 there.

If the file says 5.1, it should be a 5.1. The specs for the 5.1 are 96/24. Do you have 6 speakers on your computer? If not, most software will either downmix it or leave off channels. If you are using Windows, you can right click on a file and go to Properties and then Audio Properties and you should see your 5.1 there.
Cheers Infomas, I don't have Surround on the computer. Will get the files burned to disc and play on my seperates system. Great album by the way, some very unique takes on some classics. Thanks again(y)

Back