Mastering Quality Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wolfyboy359

Has anyone heard of Mastering Quality Sound? There's some info on it here.
Also they have a new player which can play it, here.
Any thoughts?
Jason

Nice portabel player.

a bit expensive thou...
http://www.amazon.com/Astell-AK100-...8F9DCJDJ3CWL&qid=1354668424&s=generic&sr=1-42

From what I read MQS is just lossles audio.

Yo connect you CD player or DVD audio player through the optical out to the portable device and encodes this... Its a great Lossless Ipod.

I still dont know if it could fread flac or hi rez wav files..

Ill keep reading the info, but the product looks (and probably sounds) great

Yes, that occurred to me earlier today... but it does play flac and wav:

"Supports FLAC, WAV, APE, MP3, WMA and OGG." from here.

Kind of expensive as an ipod at $699.

the specs on this are outstanding, no doubt it sounds very good, but, for only @$200 the samsung galaxy 5" mediatab will handle up to 24 bit 96khz hi rez wav/flac and has similar specs. either of these will smoke any i-pod,pad,phone. but i would definitely save the $400 and go for the samsung as it is highly doubtful any noticeable improvement in sonics would be detected through headphones with a 192khz sampling rate over a 96khz sampling rate.

the specs on this are outstanding, no doubt it sounds very good, but, for only @$200 the samsung galaxy 5" mediatab will handle up to 24 bit 96khz hi rez wav/flac and has similar specs. either of these will smoke any i-pod,pad,phone. but i would definitely save the $400 and go for the samsung as it is highly doubtful any noticeable improvement in sonics would be detected through headphones with a 192khz sampling rate over a 96khz sampling rate.

That is all valid, but the dac in that thing will blow the samsung away.

i would agree with you simply based on the fact that it will reproduce 192khz samples, but i still maintain that even with the best millivolt headphones/buds on the market one would not be able to hear any difference between a 24/96 sound sample and a 24/192 sound sample, now if you were to connect it to a preamp and run it through a quality sound system then absolutely a difference can be heard.

Very sorry on that one. It is the samsung galaxy S ,5" tablet. I saw it recently go on sale at my local best buy store for 189. It is an android based media player. The stock audio player program is'nt very good. Purchase poweramp player at @5 bucks. If you are looking for hands down best portable sound for the money, this is it. Oh and it'll play any video codec you can throw at it. Great little reader too. I can listen to 24/96 audio files while reading a book or surfing the internet via wifi.

Only Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean support mch audio, Android 4.0 doesn't.

Only Android 4.1 aka Jelly Bean support mch audio, Android 4.0 doesn't.

Thanks though, thinking it through, the DAC specs probably aren't good enough to warrant using it as a serious player. I was looking for an automobile solution where you could plug one of these into a multi-channel car amp.

Still thinking as I type -- maybe the DAC specs aren't so important in the car where the listening environment is compromised anyway. It may just work.

...the DAC specs probably aren't good enough to warrant using it as a serious player...

Last night, after writing this, I realized no DAC is required in the tablet with HDMI out. HDMI being digital means the DAC will be in the amp or pre-amp that receives the HDMI input. I know you guys knew this and you were just waiting for me to figure it out. :)

Does anyone know of a car amp/pre that has an HDMI input?

There's a little silly problem... if you connect the hdmi out of the tablet to a external pre/amp, you can get the digital audio out of the tablet but you loose the video part, since the tablet screen will be deactivated*.

*unless it supports hdmi mirroring - very few do that.

There's a little silly problem... if you connect the hdmi out of the tablet to a external pre/amp, you can get the digital audio out of the tablet but you loose the video part, since the tablet screen will be deactivated*.

*unless it supports hdmi mirroring - very few do that.

I don't care about video in a car. I'm thinking strictly multi-channel FLAC files.

Me too don't care about video in a car, but... if you have the tablet screen completely black, how do you manage the audio player?

Me too don't care about video in a car, but... if you have the tablet screen completely black, how do you manage the audio player?

True, it would be a bit awkward. You would have to browse to the folder you want to play unplugged. Then hit play and plug it in. Not ideal.

Back