Quad LP/Tape Poll Mathis, Johnny: The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face) [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "The First Time Ever"....

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Crap Sound, Crap Mix, Crap Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia CQ/MAQ 31342, from 1972; also later issued as a DTS disc.

Side 1:

1. The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face)
2. Love Theme From "The Godfather" (Speak Softly Love)
3. Theme From "Summer Of '42" (The Summer Knows)
4. Brian's Song (The Hands of Time)
5. Since I Fell For You

Side 2:

1. Without You
2. Betcha By Golly Wow
3. Life And Breath
4. I Need You
5. (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
6. Life Is What You Make It

ED :)

No votes on this one, and I didn’t see a mention of the DTS release in the poll section.

I’ll keep searching.

(Edit)

Just scoured the forums here and elsewhere. Nobody has ever commented on this title in DTS released format!

Last edited:
No votes on this one, and I didn’t see a mention of the DTS release in the poll section.

I’ll keep searching.

(Edit)

Just scoured the forums here and elsewhere. Nobody has ever commented on this title in DTS released format!

I own a copy of the DTS version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is the one I think it is; there’s a major mastering flaw in the dts version. The metadata is wrong and shows information for a Mathis compilation album instead on my Oppo!
That would be a database input error and not your discs fault I think.

Like it’s been ripped to a file and someone typed in erroneous info? Because CDs don’t have metadata, at least I think they don’t.

If this is the one I think it is; there’s a major mastering flaw in the dts version. The metadata is wrong and shows information for a Mathis compilation album instead on my Oppo!

This is it Pupster and it's a lovely disc with a nice surround involvement but would certainly be rife for a D~V 'UPGRADE.'

See the source image

See the source image

Second thought - But maybe some cd discs do have a bit of info embedded in there somewhere????

I need that gosh darn disc, and the used market thinks it’s a $50 disc. Like I says I need to hear this cough, cough.

It’s in that site called 5point1 which has the last of the sealed DTS remainders, which means not a rare one really.

Yet Amazon and eBay listings act like it’s ultra.

Maybe a gort (joke) can start a DTS -CD Spotlight post in the DTS category for those future votes that are all going to pour in on this fantastic four channel work of mixing / mastering quality.

Thanks to 4-earredwonder we now have the front and back scans so nice and perfect of this rare disc for that thread.

Mathis, Johnny: The First Time Ever (I Saw Your Face) [DTS-CD]

Back