Matrix H Articles

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
For info, here are some scanned pages from Wireless World May 1977 on Matrix H (when it was all new and exciting!)

WirelessWorld-May-1977_Matrix_H-1.jpg
WirelessWorld-May-1977_Matrix_H-2.jpg
WirelessWorld-May-1977_Matrix_H-3.jpg

LET'S TALK 'H'

(and 'HJ')

Back in 76/77+78, the major record labels supplied Q4 TRACKS to the BBC Engineering Dept. These were from titles of not previously released quads for the most part and still remain unreleased to this day! (exception being FLOYD'S WYWH).For the most part they received only a few tracks or encoded only a few usually 2,3,4 (most commonly).My list is mostly rock-pop.

The following are my knowns:

THE BOOMTOWN RATS-TONIC FOR THE TROOPS (4)
COLOSSUEM 2-ELECTRIC SAVAGE (3), plus 1 fr. Upcoming disc)
ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOW-BEBOP ALULA (4)
STEVE GIBBONS BAND-RIGHT SIDE OF HEAVEN (4)
THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND-ROCK DRILL (2)and FRAMED (1)
JETHRO TULL-MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY (3) and TOO OLD..... (1)
LONESTAR-LONESTAR (4)
THE MOTORS -THE MOTORS (1)☆
THE STRANGLERS-NO MORE HEROES(1)☆
RACING CARS-title? (4)
TOM ROBINSON BAND-title? (1)
QUEEN-NEWS OF THE WORLD (4)
PINK FLOYD-WISH YOU WERE HERE (complete album)

-fizzywiggs

The following list are titles I have

LET'S TALK 'H'

(and 'HJ')

Back in 76/77+78, the major record labels supplied Q4 TRACKS to the BBC Engineering Dept. These were from titles of not previously released quads for the most part and still remain unreleased to this day! (exception being FLOYD'S WYWH).For the most part they received only a few tracks or encoded only a few usually 2,3,4 (most commonly).My list is mostly rock-pop.

The following are my knowns:

THE BOOMTOWN RATS-TONIC FOR THE TROOPS (4)
COLOSSUEM 2-ELECTRIC SAVAGE (3), plus 1 fr. Upcoming disc)
ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOW-BEBOP ALULA (4)
STEVE GIBBONS BAND-RIGHT SIDE OF HEAVEN (4)
THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND-ROCK DRILL (2)and FRAMED (1)
JETHRO TULL-MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY (3) and TOO OLD..... (1)
LONESTAR-LONESTAR (4)
THE MOTORS -THE MOTORS (1)☆
THE STRANGLERS-NO MORE HEROES(1)☆
RACING CARS-title? (4)
TOM ROBINSON BAND-title? (1)
QUEEN-NEWS OF THE WORLD (4)
PINK FLOYD-WISH YOU WERE HERE (complete album)

-fizzywiggs

The following list are titles I have

I remember listening in the car to the Lonestar HJ session (Sept./Oct. 76?) on Alan Freeman's Saturday afternoon show as my father took me and all my belongings up to University for the first time - and being extremely frustrated I couldn't tape it!

I remember listening in the car to the Lonestar HJ session (Sept./Oct. 76?) on Alan Freeman's Saturday afternoon show as my father took me and all my belongings up to University for the first time - and being extremely frustrated I couldn't tape it!

There is an Alan Freeman show that circulates.

HI DUNCAN!!

Unfortunately I lost my Lonestar, and Bonus live @the Lord Nelson tape(left it in a hotel room in montreal).

You said you have Be Bop Deluxe-do you know if it is live or from an album?
☆means there may be more tracks broadcast but mine come from JONATHAN KING QUAD ITEMS (Jan 01-78)
six tracks in quad various artists:michele del peche, coloseum 2, the stranglers, tavares, the motors, tom robinson.

I also have

I also have

PHIL MANZANERA-801 BAND(6)

Hard to categorize this . STUDIO ALBUM or LIVE or both. Seems I read somewhere it could be from 3 album/concerts.

derek

HI DUNCAN!!

Unfortunately I lost my Lonestar, and Bonus live @the Lord Nelson tape(left it in a hotel room in montreal).

You said you have Be Bop Deluxe-do you know if it is live or from an album?
☆means there may be more tracks broadcast but mine come from JONATHAN KING QUAD ITEMS (Jan 01-78)
six tracks in quad various artists:michele del peche, coloseum 2, the stranglers, tavares, the motors, tom robinson.

I also have

I think its an HJ live session of Be Bop Deluxe

I think its an HJ live session of Be Bop Deluxe

I was so hoping it would be fr. an album-oh well, still an under-rated band in my opinion, and should be a good performance I bet.

(Got the cd/dvd of Bill Nelson live/Metropolis) surround-limited, but good performance)

Any other titles in H/HJ you have or know? (dates etc)

Forgot to add dates to:

BOOMTOWN RATS--27-05-78
COLOSEUM2-27-08-77
ANDY FAIRWEATHERLOW-25-06-77
STEVE GIBBONS BAND-30-07-77
SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND-29-04-78
JETHRO TULL-25-03-78
LONESTAR-25-06-77
MOTORS-02-01-78 (J.K.QUAD. ITEM)
STRANGLERS-02-01-78 (J.K.QUAD ITEM)
RACING CARS-29-10-77
TOM ROBINSON-02-01-78 (J.K. QUAD ITEM)
QUEEN-02-01-78
PINK FLOYD (? SAT-77)
PHIL MANZANERA-26-11-77

also have electronic music

NEIL ARDLEY'S BELIEF ONE-18-12-77
Odb-21-05-78

I USUALLY INDICATE H/HJ FOR ALL RECORDINGS AFTER SEPT.77
THERE WAS STILL H BROADCAST IN LATE 77/78 AS IT WAS FELT THAT TOO MANY PEOPLE INVESTED IN H DECODING EQUIPMENT REGARDLESS OF THE BBC SWITCH TO HJ AT THAT TIME. (So something in hj may be H)

I was so hoping it would be fr. an album-oh well, still an under-rated band in my opinion, and should be a good performance I bet.

(Got the cd/dvd of Bill Nelson live/Metropolis) surround-limited, but good performance)

Any other titles in H/HJ you have or know? (dates etc)

I'm having the tape machines serviced as they have sat around for a while unused, then I'll have quite a few tapes to listen to! I'm not sure what is on all the tapes, as the flood many years ago wiped out my logs, and quite a few cassettes I'd recorded off the radio in HJ. The reel-to-reel tapes all survived unscathed, as they were more than 3ft off the floor! I have the Gentle Giant In concert in HJ on cassette, but there is some silt damage. However, I suspect that the BBC CD issued may be in HJ if they used the same master tape that was broadcast.

I'm having the tape machines serviced as they have sat around for a while unused, then I'll have quite a few tapes to listen to! I'm not sure what is on all the tapes, as the flood many years ago wiped out my logs, and quite a few cassettes I'd recorded off the radio in HJ. The reel-to-reel tapes all survived unscathed, as they were more than 3ft off the floor! I have the Gentle Giant In concert in HJ on cassette, but there is some silt damage. However, I suspect that the BBC CD issued may be in HJ if they used the same master tape that was broadcast.

I used to have the Windsong cd of GENTLE GIANT-LIVE, I suspected it might be HJ encoded, but it's difficult to say.
The date on the cd was a little off by a few days if I remember correctly. However I was also informed by someone in the know that some shows were re-broadcast, so the possibility is there.

I'm stuck with my cassettes I'm afraid.Nice to know you have reels-much higher quality.

One day someone has got to make these recordings available-for the sake of all quad collectors.

fizz

According to someone on a blog not a million miles away the cd release of this album has been corrupted. A release of it was done using the LP instead.

According to someone on a blog not a million miles away the cd release of this album has been corrupted. A release of it was done using the LP instead.

I was informed by O D that this disc was indeed MATRIX H and was given the impression that although not as accurate as the BBC lp source, would still be considered an H MATRIX CD.

A list of known BBC broadcasts of live in concert rock/pop artists in H/HJ

BONUS-AT THE LORD NELSON (01-05-77)
JACK BRUCE BAND (30-04-77)
GENESIS-LIVE AT KNEBWORTH (01-07-78)
GENTLE GIANT-LIVE PARIS THEATRE (21-01-78)
PHIL MANZANERA/801 BAND (26-11-77)
CLIFF RICHARD-LIVE IN CROYDON (02-01-78)
SHAKTI W/JOHN McLAUGHLIN (28-05-77)

and rumoured RORY GALLAGHER-IN CONCERT (04-06-77)

Of course there were probably others, but these are the ones I have or know about.

Derek

I was equally intrigued by your statement regarding having cassette tapes of H and HJ of BBC quad transmissions from 1977 & 1978. I also did check out the "Matrix H Articles" in the quad LP/CD section of QQ and found it very illuminating.

While doing my research in preparing my site, I found various bits of information regarding these illusive quadraphonic radio broadcast artifacts, but was not sure that I had a solid understanding of their origin or number of airings. The posts of yours and Duncan's on the Matrix H Articles thread certainly helps me get a better understanding for them.

But even with this I have a few questions:

- Relative to the dates you listed, were these the respective broadcast dates?
- Do you know the track titles for those numbers in parenthesis?
- Do you know if most of these were broadcast on Alan Freeman's show?
- "Jonathan King Quad Items (Jan 01-78)" - Was this a show hosted by Jonathan King, who also did a onetime broadcast of these Matrix H mixed tracks like Alan Freeman?
- Who is Odb?

Since I probably won't pursue trying to locate a 1970's, UK voltage, Matrix H decoder to play any of these recordings on (should I ever acquire some), can you describe the degree of discrete quad separation in these broadcasts. I realize that possibly much of your assessment may come from the cassettes in your collection(s), but similar to the questions Derek asked of me, I'm curious as to:
- how the rear channels compare to that of BBC SQ LPs?
- are they as discreet as the label (WEA, RCA, etc) Q4 REELS?
This enquiring 'yank's' mind wants to know.

My reasons for asking these clarifying questions is that I am thinking of adding a new page to my index specifically for these Matrix H broadcasts. While these did not get as far as being distributed by BBC TS on vinyl, they are still historic BBC quadraphonic radio broadcasts and are in sync with the intentions of my website index. Let me know if you are in agreement this thought and are willing to let me use your information this way. I'd be glad to credit all contributors by their QQ IDs or real name as desired. Please let me know

As a partial stab at this, I have tried to do a summary of what I extract from your exchanges. Any additions or corrections would certainly be appreciated.

Reformatted, Ordered Summary Of Presumed BBC Matrix H Broadcasts
(*Sorry, but my listing is in MM/DD/YYYY format)

Lone Star - HJ session (Sept./Oct. 76?)
Be Bop Deluxe - HJ live session
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Hear (complete album) (SAT-77)
[Note: This was officially released in the UK on 09/15/75.]
Rory Gallagher - In Concert (06/04/77) rumored
[Note: This is the broadcast date of what I understand to be a BBC In Concert show issued on LP.]
Jack Bruce Band (04/30/77)
[Note: This is the broadcast date of a BBC In Concert show #150 issued on SQ LP.]
Bonus - At The Lord Nelson (05/01/77)
Shakti w/John McLaughlin (05/28/77)
[Note: This is the broadcast date of a BBC In Concert show #153 issued on stereo LP.]
Lone Star - Lone Star (4) (06/25/77)
[Wiki states recorded 2/77 & broadcast 7/77 on Alan Freeman show. Or is this a different show?]
Andy Fairweather Low - Be Bop 'N' Holla (06 /25/77)
Steve Gibbons Band - Right Side Of Heaven (07/30/77)
Colosseum 2 - Electric Savage (3), plus 1 from upcoming disc (08/27/77)
Racing Cars - title? (4) (10/29/77)
Phil Manzanera w/801 Band - title? (6) (11/26/77)
Neil Ardley's Belief One - title? (12/18/77)
The Motors -The Motors (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
The Stranglers - No More Heroes (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Tom Robinson - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Michele Delpeche - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Tavares - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Queen - News Of The World (4) (01/02/78)
Cliff Richard - Live In Croydon (01/02/78)
Genesis - Live In Knebworth (01/07/78)
Gentle Giant - Live Paris Theater (01/21/78)
Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery (3) and Too Old..... (1) (03/25/78)
Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Rock Drill (2) and Framed (1) (04/29/78)
Odb - title? (05/21/78)
Boomtown Rats - Tonic For The Troops (4) (05/27/78)

While you may already know of the following, I wanted to let you know what I have come across in my research of BBC Matrix H radio broadcasts.

BBC Research Reports

BBC Report On Matrix Format Performances
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1974-29.pdf

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1977-02.pdf

Download Conversions Of Original Matrix H Broadcasts & Commercially Released LP/CDs

Lone Star The BBC Quadraphonic Session - Three tracks produced by Tony Wilson for the ‘Alan Freeman Saturday Show’
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/lone-star-the-bbc-quadraphonic-session/

Alan Freeman’s Saturday Show ‘Xmas Eve Quad Special’ - The Steve Gibbons Band, Racing Cars, Andy Fairweather Low, Colosseum II, The Stranglers, The Motors, Phil Manzanera & Lone Star
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/alan-freemans-saturday-show-xmas-eve-quad-special/

Gentle Giant
Golders Green Hippodrome, London, January 5th 1978 (MH) {The above concert has been issued on CD as "BBC Radio 1 In Concert" Windsong, WIN CD 066 (England) ('94) & and as part of a two-disc set, "Out Of The Fire" Hux Records, HUX008 (England) ('98). The latter and this bonus CD apparently contain a previously missing track. It was also issued on video as a DVD titled "Sight and Sound in Concert" Alucard UK B000EQ5VCW. The audio from the stereo broadcast is used for the DVD as well as the CD.

Pete Drummond's [edited for transmission] on-stage intro to the concert ("In Concert" #169, which was broadcast January 21, 1978) apparently stated: "Hello and welcome to Radio 1's [Sight and Sound] In Concert which you can hear on 247 metres on the Medium wave, in stereo on the Radio 2 VHF network, between 88 and 91 MegaHertz, and, [of course, you can see it on BBC2 in colour. And, as a special first for tonight's show, we're broadcasting in Quadraphonic so, those of you that have got a BBC H-matrix quadraphonic decoder, well.. you're very lucky and if you've got four ears you're luckier still!
http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadradi.htm

David Bedford – Instructions For Angels

This album is known as the only mainstream commercial album released in ‘Matrix H’.
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/david-bedford-instructions-for-angels/

Also Derek, from your seemingly knowledgeable replies in that thread, are you possibly formerly a UK resident and possibly lived there during that era?

Last, Derek if you were trying to send me your email address, I apparently didn't read between the lines. If that was your intent, please toss it to me in a PM or send me an email at my site address of [email protected].

mrfloydin

Correction. The Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here SQ LP was officially released in the UK in May 1976. I mistakenly posted the release date of the stereo version.

Derek

I was equally intrigued by your statement regarding having cassette tapes of H and HJ of BBC quad transmissions from 1977 & 1978. I also did check out the "Matrix H Articles" in the quad LP/CD section of QQ and found it very illuminating.

While doing my research in preparing my site, I found various bits of information regarding these illusive quadraphonic radio broadcast artifacts, but was not sure that I had a solid understanding of their origin or number of airings. The posts of yours and Duncan's on the Matrix H Articles thread certainly helps me get a better understanding for them.

But even with this I have a few questions:

- Relative to the dates you listed, were these the respective broadcast dates?
- Do you know the track titles for those numbers in parenthesis?
- Do you know if most of these were broadcast on Alan Freeman's show?
- "Jonathan King Quad Items (Jan 01-78)" - Was this a show hosted by Jonathan King, who also did a onetime broadcast of these Matrix H mixed tracks like Alan Freeman?
- Who is Odb?

Since I probably won't pursue trying to locate a 1970's, UK voltage, Matrix H decoder to play any of these recordings on (should I ever acquire some), can you describe the degree of discrete quad separation in these broadcasts. I realize that possibly much of your assessment may come from the cassettes in your collection(s), but similar to the questions Derek asked of me, I'm curious as to:
- how the rear channels compare to that of BBC SQ LPs?
- are they as discreet as the label (WEA, RCA, etc) Q4 REELS?
This enquiring 'yank's' mind wants to know.

My reasons for asking these clarifying questions is that I am thinking of adding a new page to my index specifically for these Matrix H broadcasts. While these did not get as far as being distributed by BBC TS on vinyl, they are still historic BBC quadraphonic radio broadcasts and are in sync with the intentions of my website index. Let me know if you are in agreement this thought and are willing to let me use your information this way. I'd be glad to credit all contributors by their QQ IDs or real name as desired. Please let me know

As a partial stab at this, I have tried to do a summary of what I extract from your exchanges. Any additions or corrections would certainly be appreciated.

Reformatted, Ordered Summary Of Presumed BBC Matrix H Broadcasts
(*Sorry, but my listing is in MM/DD/YYYY format)

Lone Star - HJ session (Sept./Oct. 76?)
Be Bop Deluxe - HJ live session
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Hear (complete album) (SAT-77)
[Note: This was officially released in the UK on 09/15/75.]
Rory Gallagher - In Concert (06/04/77) rumored
[Note: This is the broadcast date of what I understand to be a BBC In Concert show issued on LP.]
Jack Bruce Band (04/30/77)
[Note: This is the broadcast date of a BBC In Concert show #150 issued on SQ LP.]
Bonus - At The Lord Nelson (05/01/77)
Shakti w/John McLaughlin (05/28/77)
[Note: This is the broadcast date of a BBC In Concert show #153 issued on stereo LP.]
Lone Star - Lone Star (4) (06/25/77)
[Wiki states recorded 2/77 & broadcast 7/77 on Alan Freeman show. Or is this a different show?]
Andy Fairweather Low - Be Bop 'N' Holla (06 /25/77)
Steve Gibbons Band - Right Side Of Heaven (07/30/77)
Colosseum 2 - Electric Savage (3), plus 1 from upcoming disc (08/27/77)
Racing Cars - title? (4) (10/29/77)
Phil Manzanera w/801 Band - title? (6) (11/26/77)
Neil Ardley's Belief One - title? (12/18/77)
The Motors -The Motors (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
The Stranglers - No More Heroes (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Tom Robinson - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Michele Delpeche - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Tavares - title? (1) (01/02/78) (J.K. Quad Item)
Queen - News Of The World (4) (01/02/78)
Cliff Richard - Live In Croydon (01/02/78)
Genesis - Live In Knebworth (01/07/78)
Gentle Giant - Live Paris Theater (01/21/78)
Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery (3) and Too Old..... (1) (03/25/78)
Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Rock Drill (2) and Framed (1) (04/29/78)
Odb - title? (05/21/78)
Boomtown Rats - Tonic For The Troops (4) (05/27/78)

While you may already know of the following, I wanted to let you know what I have come across in my research of BBC Matrix H radio broadcasts.

BBC Research Reports

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1974-29.pdf

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1977-02.pdf

Download Conversions Of Original Matrix H Broadcasts & Commercially Released LP/CDs

Lone Star The BBC Quadraphonic Session - Three tracks produced by Tony Wilson for the ‘Alan Freeman Saturday Show’
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/lone-star-the-bbc-quadraphonic-session/

Alan Freeman’s Saturday Show ‘Xmas Eve Quad Special’ - The Steve Gibbons Band, Racing Cars, Andy Fairweather Low, Colosseum II, The Stranglers, The Motors, Phil Manzanera & Lone Star
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/alan-freemans-saturday-show-xmas-eve-quad-special/

Gentle Giant
Golders Green Hippodrome, London, January 5th 1978 (MH) {The above concert has been issued on CD as "BBC Radio 1 In Concert" Windsong, WIN CD 066 (England) ('94) & and as part of a two-disc set, "Out Of The Fire" Hux Records, HUX008 (England) ('98). The latter and this bonus CD apparently contain a previously missing track. It was also issued on video as a DVD titled "Sight and Sound in Concert" Alucard UK B000EQ5VCW. The audio from the stereo broadcast is used for the DVD as well as the CD.

Pete Drummond's [edited for transmission] on-stage intro to the concert ("In Concert" #169, which was broadcast January 21, 1978) apparently stated: "Hello and welcome to Radio 1's [Sight and Sound] In Concert which you can hear on 247 metres on the Medium wave, in stereo on the Radio 2 VHF network, between 88 and 91 MegaHertz, and, [of course, you can see it on BBC2 in colour. And, as a special first for tonight's show, we're broadcasting in Quadraphonic so, those of you that have got a BBC H-matrix quadraphonic decoder, well.. you're very lucky and if you've got four ears you're luckier still!
http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadradi.htm

David Bedford – Instructions For Angels

This album is known as the only mainstream commercial album released in ‘Matrix H’.
https://dreamingspiresquadarchive.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/david-bedford-instructions-for-angels/

Also Derek, from your seemingly knowledgeable replies in that thread, are you possibly formerly a UK resident and possibly lived there during that era?

Last, Derek if you were trying to send me your email address, I apparently didn't read between the lines. If that was your intent, please toss it to me in a PM or send me an email at my site address of [email protected].

mrfloydin

Wow, this is really useful info.

My Akai 4000DS & GX-635D are back having been thoroughly serviced and are working well - I recommend Servicesound in the UK, http://www.servicesound.com/

I now need the time to listen to what I actually have and to digitise the reel-to-reel tapes!

I had a look at the one cassette that survived the flood I have the Gentle Giant In Concert on one side, and on the other side, Sessions from 801 and Racing Cars, all 3 in HJ. I haven't tried playing it on the Yamaha player I inherited from my father as I'm not sure how much silt is still in the cassette and don't want to damage the only player I have.

Mrfloydin

Wow!!!!!!

Too many questions for me to address in one post, but I'll do my best to answer slowly but surely.

YES, those are the broadcast dates.They were supplied to me from the late great ALAN TURNER !!! A most amazing quadrophile with an equally amazing REEL TO REEL collection of H and HJ 2 channel encoded tapes.

Yes I have the names of the majority of the songs broadcast, not all but most as Alan Freeman always provided the title tracks.
I will supply in due time, I apologize as suddenly I find I am incredibly busy with work, it's seasonal, July will slow to a crawl.

JETHRO TULL-MINSTREL IN THE GALLERY;
-The Minstrel In The Gallery
-Cold Wind To Valhalla
-Black Satin Dancer
JETHRO TULL-TOO OLD TO ROCK AND ROLL, TOO YOUNG TO DIE
-The Chequered Flag
(4 songs in H/HJ)

THE BOOMTOWN RATS-TONIC FOR THE TROOPS
-Clockwork
-Living On A Island
-Me And Howard Hughes
-Watch Out For The Normal People
(4 tracks in H/HJ)

THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND-ROCK DRILL
-King Kong
-Rock And Rule
THE SESATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND-FRAMED
-Midnight Moses
(3 tracks in H/HJ)

MORE TO FOLLOW

DEREK
-

Yes "Jonathan King " did host that Jan 78 show.He played songs in stereo and quad, the quad songs were preceded by a little electronic note/tune so as to warn you they were h/hj encoded.

ANDY FAIRWEATHER LOW-BE BOP AN' HOLLA
-Checking Out The Checker
-Lighten Up
-Be Bop And Holla
-Shimey Do I Say
-Ain't No Fun Anymore
(5 tracks in H)

LONE STAR
-Firing On All Six
-Lonely Soldier
-Bells Of Berlin
-From All Of Us
(4 tracks in H )

Odb (Tim Souster)
-Arboreal Antecedents
( works for electronic orchestra....H/HJ )

STEVE GIBBONS BAND-RIGHT SIDE OF HEAVEN
-Rollin' On
-Please Don't Say Goodbye
-2 Lane
-Gave His Life To Rock & Roll
( 4 tracks in H )

COLOSSEUM II-ELECTRIC SAVAGE
-Intergalactic Strut
-Lament
-Put It This Way
COLOSSEUM II-(their upcoming album for '77 )
-The Inquisition
( 4 tracks in H )

PHIL MANZANERA-801 BAND
-Law And Order
-Remote Control
-Falling Feeling
-Out Of The Blue
(4 tracks in H/HJ, but there may have been 6 originally)

NEIL ARDLEY'S BELIEF ONE
-electronic music composed for quadrophonic

More to come

Back