Maybe Quad or maybe not - Area, Crac! (1975)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucanu

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Cabras, Sardinia, Italy, Europe, World, Solar syst
As a musician and fan of great italian bands I was listening to an album I love, that is Area - Crac!.
It’s a very jazzy/prog material many won’t like but it’s a gem in italian discography. I found a vinyl copy a couple of years ago but I now tend to play most of my stereo album from Tidal or Apple Music. This album was released in 1975 and when listening in headphones it’s clear it has some wide stereo effects going on. I then listened to it in QS and… WAIT A MINUTE?? Is this the real deal? Is this QS quad?? I don’t know but it’s sure different if I play it from the LP. Listen to Gioia e Rivoluzione and you can hear guitars from real left and rear righr very clearly, or La Mela di Odessa. If it wasn’t mixerld in QS it sounds very well, and that‘s only from the version which is on Tidal and Apple Music for sure

btw, many moons ago I met one of the band live technician and he told me he built a quadraphonc mixer for their shows in the seventies

As a musician and fan of great italian bands I was listening to an album I love, that is Area - Crac!.
It’s a very jazzy/prog material many won’t like but it’s a gem in italian discography. I found a vinyl copy a couple of years ago but I now tend to play most of my stereo album from Tidal or Apple Music. This album was released in 1975 and when listening in headphones it’s clear it has some wide stereo effects going on. I then listened to it in QS and… WAIT A MINUTE?? Is this the real deal? Is this QS quad?? I don’t know but it’s sure different if I play it from the LP. Listen to Gioia e Rivoluzione and you can hear guitars from real left and rear righr very clearly, or La Mela di Odessa. If it wasn’t mixerld in QS it sounds very well, and that‘s only from the version which is on Tidal and Apple Music for sure

btw, many moons ago I met one of the band live technician and he told me he built a quadraphonc mixer for their shows in the seventies
Wow, that is a subject for a whole new thread - bands that perform(ed) live in multi-channel. I have been to a few performances by Cirque du Soleil and they have all been multi-channel, although there is a mix of pre-recorded and live sound.

Back