Maybe quad qs gems?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucanu

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Cabras, Sardinia, Italy, Europe, World, Solar syst
I've tried to decode via AA1.5 and my last script two songs taken from an old compilation cd that seemed to sound a little strange in stereo. They are Albert King's Travellin' man from I wanna get funky record and the other one was Grateful Dead's Ship of full traken from Grateful Dead from the Mars.

The first has the brass session on the rear channels and sound very clear, the other has a guitar on the rear left and a rhodes on the rear right channel.

The Grateful Dead - At The Mars Hotel was a time when they were experimenting with quad, Phil Lesh put out Seastones in SQ, and Steal Your Face was an unmarked QS. Wouldn't surprise me that Mars Hotel is QS as well.

The same era saw the New Riders stuff decoding nicely in matrix. Besides, the Panama red one, some of that same era decode on the stereo versions as well. In fact, Panama Red SQ LP sounds better in QS. Wonder why??:p

bliss_band said:
In fact, Panama Red SQ LP sounds better in QS. Wonder why??:p
Hello,

I used to get anomolies like that when I was using an old unrestored Kenwood quad receiver/decoder. When I got my QB restored Sansui receiver/decoder everything was as it should be. Food for thought.:)

Back