Quantcast

DVD/DTS Poll McCartney, Paul & Wings - BAND ON THE RUN [DTS]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DTS-CD of Paul McCartney and Wings - BAND ON THE RUN

• Total voters

HDave

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Can't believe I never voted on this one years ago, decent fidelity for a DTS CD much better sounding to me than Venus and Mars. I've owned both and gave my son the yellow fixed version and I kept the original release in the normal CD sized Jewel case.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
On Track 1 The Electric Guitar is Cut out for a few seconds
on the DTS CD
There are two possibilities.

1. You have an early version of this disk, which has that known flaw.
2. You have a later version of this disk which is corrected, but your equipment is taking a second to recognize the DTS encode and get into the proper mode.

I read somewhere that ripping the early version and playing back the resulting DTS file remove's the flaw from the file. YMMV

wrat

yellow disc, I like this album quite a bit the quad/dts mix is a tad muted up top but that is serious nit picking, I also have the unlimited version that sounds amazing as well as the latest audiophile vinyl pressing thats damn good

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I just listened to this for the first time in years. Everything sounded great to my ears until the very end. When the orchestra enters at the end of "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" they are LOUD! It's the loudest thing on the whole album and I had to turn the overall volume down. And the orchestra completely overpowers the band. Is it just something my system is doing? Does anyone else hear it this way?