DVD/DTS Poll McCartney, Paul & Wings - Venus & Mars [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Paul McCartney and Wings - VENUS AND MARS

• Total voters
Does anyone know what the decision to use this alternate track order was based on? Possibly an early track listing for the album?
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QQ-beatles.htmVENUS AND MARS track orders are all over the place between releases.
See the chart below and see if you can figure out what they were thinking!!

ORIGINAL LPQUAD 8-TRACKDTS CD
1Venus And MarsVenus And MarsVenus And Mars
2Rock ShowRock ShowRock Show
3Love In SongLove In SongLetting Go
4You Gave Me The AnswerMedicine JarYou Gave Me The Answer
5Magneto And Titanium ManMagneto And Titanium ManLove In Song
6Letting GoLetting GoMagneto And Titanium Man
7Venus And Mars (Reprise)Venus And Mars (Reprise)Venus And Mars (Reprise)
8Spirits Of Ancient EgyptSpirits Of Ancient EgyptSpirits Of Ancient Egypt
9Medicine JarYou Gave Me The AnswerCall Me Back Again
10Call Me Back AgainCall Me Back AgainCrossroads Theme
11Listen To What The Man SaidListen To What The Man SaidMedicine Jar
12Treat Her Gently/Lonely Old PeopleTreat Her Gently/Lonely Old PeopleListen To What The Man Said
13Crossroads ThemeCrossroads ThemeTreat Her Gently/Lonely Old People

Looks like the Q8 running order was adjusted just enough to even up the length of the two programs and no more, by simply swapping two songs round. Whereas someone went nuts on the DTS CD.

I agree with Owen that time issues were the reason for switching songs on the 8-track. That was very common with all 8-tracks. But the DTS track layout? Just strange. I can't think of another example with an album that mixed up (except for maybe a re-issue of an old album or two by a dubious label that titles the reissue something like "Best Of.." or "Greatest Hits" but is really just the songs re-ordered). Labels can get away with that with obscure artists, but McCartney?

At least they managed to keep Venus and Mars joined to Rockshow!

Back