• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll McCartney, Paul & Wings - Venus & Mars [DTS CD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DTS-CD of Paul McCartney and Wings - VENUS AND MARS

• Total voters

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Would like to find an affordable copy of Midnight Oil Capricornia. A group I liked saw them a few times.

bungalowbill61

I only have experience listening to 2 DTS-CD discs...Seventh Sojourn and Abraxas. The sonics on both were terrible. Not the thread for this, but I have to wonder if any of them sound good. And there are quite a number of Q8 rips out there that sound really nice.
Where would one find solid Q8 rips? :)

chas9496

Where would you find Q8 transfers ? It was mentioned "Good Rips Out There" in this thread. Maybe I understood it incorrect. Just to be clear, I've never seen much of any Quad mixes online other than YouTube conversions, even some I've posted on my channel as well. Captain Beyoned ? Please advise.

chas9496

I forgot to add that some of my DTS mixes sound terrible. One noted one is BTO's Not Fragile, played in stereo I mean because I no longer own a SS system. A lot sound pretty good too on the other hand. Sorry for not editing the above post instead of a new reply.

Owen Smith

These albums are copyrighted material, you're not going to find links on here to places you can rip them off. That's the route this forum has chosen, and anything else would probably cause it to be shutdown in the long term.

chas9496

These albums are copyrighted material, you're not going to find links on here to places you can rip them off. That's the route this forum has chosen, and anything else would probably cause it to be shutdown in the long term.
Nobody was talking about that. Sometimes you can find them floatimg around the internet. I found a download link to Love Rollercoaster Quad that I burned to CD-R in 2011. They do exist.

Hamilton59

500 Club - QQ All-Star
I've always liked this album...I remember buying it as soon as it was released. The follow up to Band On The Run, I couldn't wait to hear it! To me it was a darker, rockier album than his earlier solo albums with a lot of great songs that I still enjoy. As for this release, I think the track order is the only frustrating element to me. I prefer an active surround mix which this version has so I'm going to give it an 8. I'm very glad this disk exists!