• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Mch SACD player with analog out?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

trntbl2109

Hi, my current universal player is not feeling well and I need a new one. Requirements are mch SACD playback with analog outputs. Does anyone make these anymore?

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I've heard good things about Cambridge Audio, I heard they were Oppo's only serious competitor for the "universal" player, and with features like analogue outs included on later models. I've not heard them myself. Prices are not that high considering.

Old Quad Guy

Preservationist
Staff member
Hi, my current universal player is not feeling well and I need a new one. Requirements are mch SACD playback with analog outputs. Does anyone make these anymore?
If you're ok with a used player, there are a lot of great SACD/DVD-Audio units for under $50. If you need Blu-ray too, there are used Oppo player's with analog out. Other people can give a better answer. Not sure about newer units.

ar surround

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
There are some other alternatives on the used market. The Oppo 203 also allows you to play music via USB. Here is one for about $1000. That's kind of expensive for a used player but there are slim pickings for universal players with analog outputs.

Another option is the Oppo 105.

Wish I could be of more help.

par4ken

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Other than used players you might consider an HDMI decoder box, lots for sale on eBay cheap. I can't vouch for quality though and most seem to come from China.

trntbl2109

Thanks, used it is then. I have a BelCanto Pre6 preamp which has no processing, hence need for analogue outputs.

Lähetetty minun HUAWEI NXT-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

BeoProf

Consider a used Denon DVD 3910 or 3930, or a Marantz DV 9600 or DV 7001. All are great SACD players with analog outs for 5.1.
I have the Marantz DV 7001 (feeding a vintage quad Sansui receiver) and it is easy to swap out the laser assembly for a new one in it, and a new laser is 10 USD. Can't speak for the Denons but I suspect the situation is similar.

Last edited:

trntbl2109

I think it's their only product, and discontinued, though still available.

Lähetetty minun HUAWEI NXT-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla