Media Players 103: Kodi File and Folder Organisation/Storage

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, sounds interesting, Might be more my speed

Hey Kevin, the new Merge MKV Video and FLAC Audio will be right up your alley. I’ve been using it to merge some stereo only concerts with Penteo upmixes to get surround concerts!

Also remixing 5.1 Audio that’s got ‘crappy’ audience only surrounds and adjusting channel gain (boosting low LFE etc). MMH can extract DTS-HDMA and Atmos (7.1 only) to lossless FLAC then doing my manipulations, then merge back into the original MKVs for playback with better MCH sound field.

I should have 4.0 released later today.

There is probably a better thread for this post, but I just upgraded to Matrix 19.1 on the Firestick in my bedroom system (the main system running 19.9 Leia still). Using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin (the only skin worth running IMHO) I cant get rid of a grey overlay on the lyrics panel. The problem is described already on the Aeon Nox Silvo site HERE

Any ideas? This is way beyond my paygrade.

I am so use to having lyrics available now..... i cant go back. :eek:

There is probably a better thread for this post, but I just upgraded to Matrix 19.1 on the Firestick in my bedroom system (the main system running 19.9 Leia still). Using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin (the only skin worth running IMHO) I cant get rid of a grey overlay on the lyrics panel. The problem is described already on the Aeon Nox Silvo site HERE

Bump

Is it just me? No one else with this issue?

For the sake of closure, the ANS skin received an update a few days ago and is running properly now.

Last edited:
For the sake of closure, the ANS skin received an update a few days ago and is running properly now.

Thanks! Your post was the kick start I needed to learn the difference between a sub-menu and a widget. Got the ANS skin looking spiffy and the home screen is much more functional than the default skin.

Thanks! Your post was the kick start I needed to learn the difference between a sub-menu and a widget. Got the ANS skin looking spiffy and the home screen is much more functional than the default skin.
Somehow though it lost the menu option to auto play music in fullscreen. Now i have to manually toggle it.

I still dont know about widgets or what they are.

Somehow though it lost the menu option to auto play music in fullscreen. Now i have to manually toggle it.

Kodi Widgets are what the home screen shows when you highlight a menu. For example, when you scroll to Music, you can set a widget to show recently played albums or random albums or your full album list, ect. Scrolling to Movies, the widgets change to movie related preferences, such as, random Movies, recently played movies, unwatched movies, unfinished movies, ect.

Sub-menu's are the direct link lists under the main menus. For example, under Music I have sub-menu's, Surround sound music, Hi Res Stereo, and Atmos music. Under Music Videos I have a sub-menu called Full Concerts. For Movies I have one for 4K Movies.

I have been using the phone app "Kore" to "toggle fullscreen".

The TAB key on a keyboard does it too.

I use a Minix remote control which has a small keyboard at the back, occasionally I use the TAB key.

I‘m still using Aeon Nox 7 on my NUCs. Maybe I shouldn’t update without the Play Music in Fullscreen preference In Aeon Nox 8.

Kodi Widgets are what the home screen shows when you highlight a menu. For example, when you scroll to Music, you can set a widget to show recently played albums or random albums or your full album list, ect. Scrolling to Movies, the widgets change to movie related preferences, such as, random Movies, recently played movies, unwatched movies, unfinished movies, ect.

Sub-menu's are the direct link lists under the main menus. For example, under Music I have sub-menu's, Surround sound music, Hi Res Stereo, and Atmos music. Under Music Videos I have a sub-menu called Full Concerts. For Movies I have one for 4K Movies.

Thank you for the info. im going to have to find the time to play with it.

The TAB key on a keyboard does it too.

I use a Minix remote control which has a small keyboard at the back, occasionally I use the TAB key.

I‘m still using Aeon Nox 7 on my NUCs. Maybe I shouldn’t update without the Play Music in Fullscreen preference In Aeon Nox 8.
I find it amazing that with the thousands of users who are probably experiencing the issue, I cant track down a single on-line thread that refers to it. And I only found a single reference refering to the grey overlay on the lyrics. But it did get updated pretty quickly.

On my windows system I use a wireless keyboard for control, so hitting a tab key is not an issue. On my firestick bedroom system, control is via a firestick remote,,,, its a handful of backouts to get there. Obviously a first world problem.

What is auto play music in fullscreen? I did a search and found no explanation.

You could customise the ANS 8 skin or settings and add Fullscreen toggle back in. It’s actually a Kodi Setting.

Or switch to another skin, change the setting and switch back to ANS 8.

You could customise the ANS 8 skin or settings and add Fullscreen toggle back in. It’s actually a Kodi Setting.

Or switch to another skin, change the setting and switch back to ANS 8.

When I was looking for what it was I saw something about turning it "on" and "off" in the advancedsettings.xml file?

The advanced settings has a setting to keep the MusicVisualisation displayed for a long time. If you are playing a long playlist without hitting the ‘Play’ button regularly then this is useful, otherwise the Play Music in Full Screen gets deactivated after a couple of songs without selecting ‘Play’.

EDIT: Actually the above is not quite correct he later for update

Last edited:
Back