• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Metallica - Through the Never

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

salsdali

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Why isn't there a Poll of this Ascot Elite German Atmos release (Region B only) or even the Japanese Pony Canyon 7.1 DTS-HD 24/96 (Region A) release?

https://www.amazon.com/Metallica-Through-Never-Dolby-Atmos/dp/B00TFBUF0A

You can use Passkey in order to remove the region protection and play it on PowerDVD to get atmos or you can rip it to an mkv and use Kodi (Nvidia Shield for example) to play it to get atmos also. Oppo's won't play it without a Region Mod.

Directed by Nimród Antal

It's the best Metallica has ever sounded, better than the Black DVD-A IMO. The content (the song selection) is also impeccable IMO as a 35 year Metallica fan.

It's a bit like Pink Floyd's The Wall movie IMO but with modern surround sound.

The film was nominated for a Grammy for Best Music Film

The film flopped at the theaters BTW but it's these two home theater blu-ray disc releases that deserve it to become renowned (become a Cult Classic IMO). I mean who leaves their home to watch a film in 7.1 DTS-HD 24/96 in a theater these days, no one, they listen at home on their bitchin' system.

What I'm sayin is that when this film was released in 2013 most people didn't have Atmos systems at home to really appreciate this release and just kind of ignored it because they could only listen to it in 5.1 (not to mention the official US release of this disc was only in 5.1). It's not until now that us that have atmos in their home theater can really appreciate it for what it is. IOW, this release was really ahead of it's time.

I watched the accompanying supplements which goes into depth on the production and a ton of time and money was spent on producing this release by some of the best in the business.

This is one of the best live Blu-rays ever if you have a system capable of playing it.

You'll never hear an Orion soundcheck sound better the rest of your life.

Last edited:

zimmy

Thanks for the advice. I have the movie but it is ages ago since i watched it.
And as i can enjoy Atmos now this will be an interesting movie to see.
I remember being impressed by the sound but at the same time i would have enjoyed it more if i could just see the concert uncut

weekendtoy

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Why isn't there a Poll of this Ascot Elite German Atmos release (Region B only)

This is one of the best live Blu-rays ever if you have a system capable of playing it.

I feel a bit sorry for anyone who has never gotten to experience this.

You'll never hear an Orion soundcheck sound better the rest of your life.
I bought this title (for the ATMOS) only to find I can't play it on my Oppo. So it just sits on the shelf, most likely never to be heard.

zimmy

Thanks for the advice. I have the movie but it is ages ago since i watched it.
And as i can enjoy Atmos now this will be an interesting movie to see.
I remember being impressed by the sound but at the same time i would have enjoyed it more if i could just see the concert uncut
I am answering my own post.
Apparently i have an 2disc Bluray version with 3D and 2D but not with Dolby Atmos.
Even if i see that PmikeK says that the Dolby Atmos track was dissapointing i got so curious that i bought an copytoday of the film on Ebay for an acceptable price.
I just have to hear for myself how it sounds with Dolby Atmos.
In my version i get the Atmos speakers to work when playing the Dolby Digital track.
I´ll see if i hear any difference with Dolby Atmos.
I have wondered about that issue when playing other discs.
Suddenly i have started using the Dolby track instead of DTS just because i get the Atmos speakers to work through that.
In most cases this sounds better to me now on my system.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I finally got around to listening to the German Atmos and I couldn’t be happier. Great mix, both the music and the movie effects. Ripping the disc to mkv removed the region coding, it really was very easy. Don’t hesitate to purchase this.