Dutton Vocalion: What's Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here it is Jan. 2022, I’m starting to worry a little about our fav.SACD Mage Michael J.
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The pandemic, especially with this Omicron variant, has gummed up the works all over, and I'm sure it's why things are slow right now. Let's just be patient, and I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Last edited:
I did reach out to them, and their response basically said what we all surmise. Covid has wreaked havoc, and they hope to have things back to normal in some time. Nothing promised, nothing denied.

Dear GOS,

We're working as hard as we can under the circumstances to fulfill your every wish and desire!

Patience, MY MAN!

Sincerely,

THE WIZARD of WATFORD's Busy, Busy ELVES, Patience & Prudence!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not from the new bunch of Classical releases, but I went looking for more (I am not a fan of opera) and I've just ordered
CDLX7335 Pinchas Zukerman/The English Chamber Orchestra - Vivaldi: The Four Seasons & Vivaldi: Concertos Nos. 5, 6, 7 and 8 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7374 Anton Simon - Piano Concerto, La revue de nuit, Danse de Bayadère, Plainte élégiaque & Cecile Chaminade - Suite No. 1 for orchestra [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7378 LEONARD BERNSTEIN CONDUCTS HAYDN • Symphonies Nos. 93, 94 & 95 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7371 Robert Schumann - Concerto (Concertstück) & Alfredo Piatti - Concertino / Concerto No. 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Not from the new bunch of Classical releases, but I went looking for more (I am not a fan of opera) and I've just ordered
CDLX7335 Pinchas Zukerman/The English Chamber Orchestra - Vivaldi: The Four Seasons & Vivaldi: Concertos Nos. 5, 6, 7 and 8 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7374 Anton Simon - Piano Concerto, La revue de nuit, Danse de Bayadère, Plainte élégiaque & Cecile Chaminade - Suite No. 1 for orchestra [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7378 LEONARD BERNSTEIN CONDUCTS HAYDN • Symphonies Nos. 93, 94 & 95 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
CDLX7371 Robert Schumann - Concerto (Concertstück) & Alfredo Piatti - Concertino / Concerto No. 2 [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]
Dutton-Vocalion are on the ball, order placed at 12:40 email saying shipped at 13:26!

It'll probably be Saturday maybe Monday before they arrive in this South Western backwater, the Royal Mail's pony & trap can only go so far in a day :LOL:

Dutton-Vocalion are on the ball, order placed at 12:40 email saying shipped at 13:26!

It'll probably be Saturday maybe Monday before they arrive in this South Western backwater, the Royal Mail's pony & trap can only go so far in a day :LOL:
:ROFLMAO:

I could die a happy man if Mr. Dutton would get the OK to remix the five Guess Who's that cry out for remixing:

- So Long, Bannatyne (worth it for "Pain Train", "So Long, Bannatyne" and maybe Mr. D could have fun doing alternate mixes on "Rain Dance", "Life in the Bloodstream" and "Sour Suite".
- Artificial Paradise (I wanna hear "Bye Bye, Babe" in proper Quad as well as "Rock & Roller Steam" and "All Hashed Out". "Hamba Gahle-Usalang Gahle" could be amazing.
- Flavours
- Power in the Music

But the ultimate would be to FINALLY get from opening announcement to closing cheers, the unedited, unaltered and available in it's entirety for the first time.... EVER.....
"Live at the Paramount" in new Stereo & a new Quad mix.

I've been dreaming about these albums all my life. A big portion of why I'm into Quad was because of The Guess Who and most of their albums being available in the format.
I have it on good authority that ALL the multitracks still exist. Heck, I once held a 2" safety copy of "These Eyes" in my hands. Not gonna say where, not gonna say who because dude is still working in the industry and could probably get in a lot of shit for it.

But it was my concession for missing out on meeting 3/4's of AC/DC in 2008. I just couldn't get there in time. 😭

Last edited:
I could die a happy man if Mr. Dutton would get the OK to remix the five Guess Who's that cry out for remixing:

- So Long, Bannatyne (worth it for "Pain Train", "So Long, Bannatyne" and maybe Mr. D could have fun doing alternate mixes on "Rain Dance", "Life in the Bloodstream" and "Sour Suite".
- Artificial Paradise (I wanna hear "Bye Bye, Babe" in proper Quad as well as "Rock & Roller Steam" and "All Hashed Out". "Hamba Gahle-Usalang Gahle" could be amazing.
- Flavours
- Power in the Music

But the ultimate would be to FINALLY get from opening announcement to closing cheers, the unedited, unaltered and available in it's entirety for the first time.... EVER.....
"Live at the Paramount" in new Stereo & a new Quad mix.

I've been dreaming about these albums all my life. A big portion of why I'm into Quad was because of The Guess Who and most of their albums being available in the format.
I have it on good authority that ALL the multitracks still exist. Heck, I once held a 2" safety copy of "These Eyes" in my hands. Not gonna say where, not gonna say who because dude is still working in the industry and could probably get in a lot of shit for it.

But it was my concession for missing out on meeting 3/4's of AC/DC in 2008. I just couldn't get there in time. 😭
Sort of a Deja Vu post. I agree that it would be great to have surround versions of these other Guess Who albums. I would be happy with the original quad mixes though especially "Power In The Music". It would be fantastic if quad mixes of "So Long, Bannatyne" and "Live at the Paramount" would have been done in quad and just never released.

Surround remixes would be fine too, it's just that I love the old Quad mixing style which is seldom replicated with modern surround mixes.

I always thought that DV was working way in advance and had many things in the pipeline. So that if a problem arises, like licensing or the pressings get delayed, then other things already being worked on would still arrive regardless.

I always thought that DV was working way in advance and had many things in the pipeline. So that if a problem arises, like licensing or the pressings get delayed, then other things already being worked on would still arrive regardless.

i wished they had some new Pop Surround discs out but after the last couple of years i'm cutting them some slack, it can't have been easy for them with the vaults shut down due to covid

Back