Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took a second look at this and realized the three multichannel (Atmos, 5.1 & Quad) ALL have three titles, one complete and then two of the separate sides. So that seems to infer only one stereo mix on the disc. I am sooooooo confused.

EDIT: Sorry to work this all out online. Not my finest moment. Since the stereo mixes come in three titles in both 48kHz and 96kHz one resolution must be the original mix and the second the new mix? Now it goes back to the original question, "how can I tell which is which?"

see attachment
I did rio this disc, but I'm not sure I can answer your question, anyway...

I think many times tracks are broken up in order to simplify menus. So the part 1 and part 2 standalone tracks would correspond to selecting those tracks from the menu. The "play all" menu selection would correspond to the complete file. They all would be the same information.

The difference between the 48kHz and 96kHz versions may well be a compatibility thing, not a difference in versions.

IIRC the video slides that accompany the music describe what the tracks are. But since you are using DVDAE to rip, you don't see any video. You would if you used MakeMKV to rip.

I did rio this disc, but I'm not sure I can answer your question, anyway...

I think many times tracks are broken up in order to simplify menus. So the part 1 and part 2 standalone tracks would correspond to selecting those tracks from the menu. The "play all" menu selection would correspond to the complete file. They all would be the same information.

The difference between the 48kHz and 96kHz versions may well be a compatibility thing, not a difference in versions.

IIRC the video slides that accompany the music describe what the tracks are. But since you are using DVDAE to rip, you don't see any video. You would if you used MakeMKV to rip.
Problem solved.

Actually, in DVDAE you can preview any content (audio and video). That's how I identified all the other titles. By the static picture that showed which multichannel mix was playing. However when playing the Stereo titles the static picture only said "stereo mixes". When I played the actual disc in my Oppo I noticed there were options for the two stereo mixes superimposed on the static picture, So by selecting one then the other I was able to determine the 48kHz stream was the 2023 Kosten mix and the 96kHz stream was the original 1973 mix.

Thanks for your input.

Back