Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5181.jpg

It’s here, along with 4 vinyl releases from Vaporwave label 100% Electronica!

I just got mine today. Fcking import taxes were even higher than what I had expected and already put aside in cash, so I had to scramble to find the additional money... Otherwise I would've had to wait another day to pick it up from the post office. :cautious:

Looking at the stereo content in DVD-AE, both versions have been labeled "Original Stereo Mix" when using one of the uploaded metadata submissions.

I ripped both and then compared each of the Pt 1 waveforms in Audacity. The look identical and also have the exact same run time.

Are these actually different? If so, which is which?

If not different, which version is it - Original Stereo or David Kosten?

Looking at the stereo content in DVD-AE, both versions have been labeled "Original Stereo Mix" when using one of the uploaded metadata submissions.

I ripped both and then compared each of the Pt 1 waveforms in Audacity. The look identical and also have the exact same run time.

I'm facing the same issue.

Based on playing the blu-ray disc and showing the stream information:
The original stereo version is 24bit 96k.
The David Kosten remix version is 24bit 48k.
I hope this helps.

Are there people from the Netherlands who are still waiting for delivery of Tubular Bells, I received only notice from SDE, but tracking status by Royal Mail stated:

We're expecting it

The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.

Mine arrived in my hand in Australia today…talk about quick !
Hey NYMo. Just out of curiosity how much did shipping cost in the end? I'm also in Australia and considered buying it but baulked at the last moment as I was concerned the shipping would be too high and the exchange rate etc. I've missed out this time but if something comes out the next round I might have a go. Shame really but should have braver.

Hey NYMo. Just out of curiosity how much did shipping cost in the end? I'm also in Australia and considered buying it but baulked at the last moment as I was concerned the shipping would be too high and the exchange rate etc. I've missed out this time but if something comes out the next round I might have a go. Shame really but should have braver.
Same here. Wishing I did now as well but I probably haven't opened that last reissue series in DVD-V. Still contemplating the Bob! Hoping that it shouldn't cost as much as those SACDs from CDJapan but one never knows these days

Are there people from the Netherlands who are still waiting for delivery of Tubular Bells, I received only notice from SDE, but tracking status by Royal Mail stated:

We're expecting it

The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.

Yep, same here. Probably at customs?
Ok, just saw mine is in transit and is leaving GB, more information when it arrives in the Netherlands.

Yep, same here. Probably at customs?
MMMh Jan. Hope not another month for delivery here, once happend with a full container with Holidays of Eden SE from Marillion last year. Do not know what they doing there in that building in the Hague. PostNL is not that helpfull for customers these days

Back