Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine shipped today, usually takes about 10 business days from UK to Canada.

I will NOT be auditioning the lossy Atmos version, more than happy to wait to hear it right the first time.
I am so jealous to you golden ears guys who can feel the difference between Apple Music and BD Atmos. I wonder can I learn it at age of 57? I have tried to heard it and couldn't find it. Neither could two my friends who did A/B.

I received mine yesterday and had just a few hours to wait until I had a listen through. I had to crank the volume a few dbs higher to get the volume right. I really enjoyed it. To my ears, it's both immersive and discrete. There seems to be quite a lot of use of the atmos heights to place some sounds directly above your head. I'm a lot more familiar with the 2003 recording from the DVDA and I've only had 1 listen to the sacd (late purchase) and this is based on the original. To my ears it's a winner and a very worthwhile purchase. I shall be listening through again very shortly

I am so jealous to you golden ears guys who can feel the difference between Apple Music and BD Atmos. I wonder can I learn it at age of 57? I have tried to heard it and couldn't find it. Neither could two my friends who did A/B.

Yeah it's massive to me (49), especially in the upper registers. It's rare I listen to lossy Atmos and don't find it lacking in fidelity. I don't have a lot of titles to A/B but the ones I've compared the most have been The Beatles - Abbey Road and Steven Wilson - The Future Bites and in each case the Blu-ray sounds pristine compared to the lossy streaming version which sounds muffled.

For stereo I find 320 Kbps mp3 to be transparent to CD.

I don't know the album all that well, but the Atmos mix is indeed very effective and makes appropriate use of the entire soundstage (including sounds mixed almost entirely to the height speakers). There's this one section midway through Part I where it sounds like you're inside a giant cello(?), and of course the ending bit with Vivian Stanshall calling out all the instruments is particularly fun.

I'm really looking foreward to this already have the 2003 DVDA but that's a rerecording
My copy has left Langley so it will be another week before it gets to me

I understand Gos's copy has been held back for a secondary customs inspection and earmarked for special attention by the DEA in New York City so his will be delayed a while longer.

I'm really looking foreward to this already have the 2003 DVDA but that's a rerecording
My copy has left Langley so it will be another week before it gets to me

I understand Gos's copy has been held back for a secondary customs inspection and earmarked for special attention by the DEA in New York City so his will be delayed a while longer.
LMFAO! The hell of it is...you may be right.

Arrived today
IMG_0872.jpeg

Back