Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest... Does anybody know who created the 1975 quad mix?
I believe it was Phil Newell.
I scanned the page from my Boxed LP set - it was Phil Newell, assisted by Alan Perkins
CCF_000596.jpg

Listened to the 5.1 mix and boy was it good. Could easily be the Go-to for showing off special audio. I can’t imagine how good the ATMOS is.

The 5.1 mix has a dynamic range (per ROON) of 14, the quad mix has a higher dynamic range of 17. But I listened to both and I think the 5.1 mix rules! Listened so far on my family room 5.1 system.

Are there people from the Netherlands who are still waiting for delivery of Tubular Bells, I received only notice from SDE, but tracking status by Royal Mail stated:

We're expecting it

The sender has let us know they have despatched your item.
Hi Henk, Amsterdam here… mine didn’t arrive yet either, and yes, I also received the dispatch notification…

Spanish Post office tracking was broken (not updated since 30-May). I was afraid: Customs problem? Packet lost?

This morning, no access to web tracking. But finally they updated the tracking and it was already in delivery.

It has finally arrived... to my wife's work office. I cannot wait for this evening to rip it and start listening. I have not yet listening in Tidal. Wanted to wait for the Blu-ray.

It's funny how these delivery stories are so exciting...

Last edited:
Spanish Post office tracking was broken (not updated since 30-Jun). I was afraid: Customs problem? Packet lost?

This morning, no access to web tracking. But finally they updated the tracking and it was already in delivery.

It has finally arrived... to my wife's work office. I cannot wait for this evening to rip it and start listening. I have not yet listening in Tidal. Wanted to wait for the Blu-ray.

It's funny how these delivery stories are so exciting...
Isn’t 30-June almost a month in the future? 🤔

I always seem to be the last one in line to get my SDE goodies. Not sure if Im further down on their Ship List or further up on their Shit List. Either way --it always arrives ( several weeks after all ya's ).

I always seem to be the last one in line to get my SDE goodies. Not sure if Im further down on their Ship List or further up on their Shit List. Either way --it always arrives ( several weeks after all ya's ).
SDE’s Paul Sinclair must know that you’re a Detroit Lions fan. Lions fan are used to waiting. Only logical explanation.

Back