Mike Oldfield's Amarok in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just read in the January Edition of Prog magazine there is an interview with Mike Oldfield who said "Those nice people at my record company said they would send me a hard disk with all the multi-tracks from Discovery to Heaven's Open, including Amarok. So I might be spending Christmas working on the 5.1 remix of Amarok....."

So you never know!

Yes, I read something like that somewhere. So I keep hoping, too.

Keep going Mike!

Love see him get to the TB2, Distant Earth era stuff - I really like those albums a lot.

Should we wait again some decades for MO milking himself by surround mixing of his new album? :yikes

Does anybody know what happened with the remaining mixes? I think I read in Mike's Facebook a couple of years ago that Amarok was mixed already. I assumed Heavens Open would be next too.
But suddenly he released Return to Ommadawn and started to work on TB4 and that was it... nothing.

I've been doing some research on Mike Olfield's forums and there seems to be an ongoing conspiracy theory about Mike wanting to leave Universal and having blocked any releases.
I'm also in Mike's Facebook group and it's true he has stopped speaking about the surround mixes or TB4, when a couple of years ago he gave very candid answers to fan questions.
And the announcement for The Killing Fields boxet does not make much sense... specially as it includes the movie in DVD! Why on earth putting on a very expensive box a DVD when an excellent (well, stereo only) Blu-ray exists?
Don't know what to think, maybe he swaps record company and releases everything together all of a sudden, who knows?

Yeah I miss those mixes too, and I really hope he will resume them some time. Perhaps we can post in his Facebook group about it, he might answer! He's pretty active on Facebook.
He used to be but he only seems to post questionnaires these days, rarely answers questions and every post seems to be moderted (by the man himself!).
No mention of Amarok as yet, I feel more chance of Animals this year!

Back