HiRez Poll Miles, Buddy - BOOGER BEAR & CARLOS SANTANA AND BUDDY MILES: LIVE! [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Buddy Miles - BOOGER BEAR & CARLOS SANTANA AND BUDDY MILES: LIVE!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
YOu could have easily listened to any of these on youtube ahead of buying. That's what I do.
As I’ve said before, crappy compressed YouTube audio never allows music to come across as intended on these quads. I was unaware of much of the music on these DV quads but bought them anyway...despite not really liking what I heard on YouTube. I have no regrets whatsoever. It is a dirt cheap way for expansion of one‘s horizons. Regarding DV’s recent deep foray into the quad vaults, for me it has been like winning big in the lottery.

Last edited:
Exactly MY sentiment, Gene. I always try to access unknown discs [of which there ARE many] on You tube or Amazon MP3 listening posts to get a flavor of what I'm committing to. And on many occasions [especially with NEW electronica] I simply refrain from buying.

And in the case of E Power Biggs .... if you HATED organ music what did you miss on the cover of this gorgeous effusion of sound: MUSIC FOR ORGAN, BRASS AND PERCUSSION?

81HiV5dC9eL._AC_SL1422_.jpg
Geez! Yet another one that I missed. Hope it’s not on the dreaded “repent later” list. Thanks Ralph!

As I’ve said before, crappy compressed YouTube audio never allows music to come across as intended on these quads.
If you listen to industry-uploaded official audio as found on "[ARTIST] - Topic" channels, it's the same as can be found on any streaming service in perfectly acceptable 192kbps quality. You could also use a free Spotify or Deezer account for the same purpose (on a computer) and rest assured you're getting the straight goods without having to double-check. Keep in mind: the aim is not to appreciate the audio quality, but to listen to the music and decide if it floats your boat.

On the other hand, if you're happy with buying blind, why not?

if you're happy with buying blind, why not?
I remember seeing this album cover one day. Obvious Roger Dean work. Looked at the thing. The back listed the guitar player from Yes, the drummer from ELP, and the bass player from King Crimson. OMG!! Going to be the hardest hitting psychedelic avant garde album of all time! Bought it and put it on and it started going "Heat of the moment" over and over. That stupid pop song that was on the radio.
So confused... I was looking at how the names were spelled...

Back