Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" and "Sketches of Spain" remixed to ATMOS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:love:OPTIMIST JON SAYS: "Sweet! Can't wait to get these and hope they'll be more!"

:rolleyes: CURMUDGEON JON SAYS: "WTF?? Kind of Blue?? AGAIN??"

Fifty Shades of Blue?

See the source image

Monster did wonders with Sketches. I would hope an Atmos mix would be similarly discrete, but with more space.
We shall see. Monster, at least, proved that MUCH is possible from these multis.

Sound & Vision said:
Working with the Miles Davis estate, the Atmos remixes were done by PMC USA’s Maurice Patist, Grammy-winning engineer David Rideau, and senior engineer Steve Genewick, both from Capitol Studios. Genewick is a leading authority on mixing music in the Dolby Atmos format.
“A few years back David and I worked together on a presentation of Sketches of Spain in 5.1", Patist said.

If I'm reading this right, it seems like this atmos mix will be the same mixer, David Rideau, who mixed it for Monster originally so this atmos mix should be equally as good, if not better?

OPTIMIST JON SAYS: "Sweet! Can't wait to get these and hope they'll be more!"

I prefer the Optimist Jon.

I hope this is an early peek into what’s coming in the future. A whole series of Atmos releases which wIll include previously unreleased surround mixes would be awesome. (That’s the optimist Garry)

Kind of blue three track recording not 100% sure what more can be done with that.
The DTS monster disc of Sketces was good but again I don't think this was much more than a 4 track recording

It’s called “upmixing” right?

Why not go for other titles like E.S.P. Which as at least 4 tracks to use, and it’s a knockout of an album as well.

:love:OPTIMIST JON SAYS: "Sweet! Can't wait to get these and hope they'll be more!"

:rolleyes: CURMUDGEON JON SAYS: "WTF?? Kind of Blue?? AGAIN??"

Right? - there's lots of other great Jazz out there besides 3 channel KoB :rolleyes:

And WTF about Dolby Atmos in 4.1?

By the way, cool rotating on/off footer gif there Jon. :cool:

Back