SPOTLIGHT Miles Davis - Live / Evil 4.0

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, it seems to me that this SACD is authored as 5.0 not 5.1 since the software glitch in my Marantz SACD player allows me to flip the rear channels. Did anyone here rip it and could confirm it?

Yep will not be 5.1 since it is Quad 4.0 release :LB , should be no center speaker - hope this helps :LB

Yep will not be 5.1 since it is Quad 4.0 release :LB , should be no center speaker - hope this helps :LB

It is a 4.0 release, but the SACD be authored as either 5.1 with center and sub channels present but silent, or as 5.0 with center channel silent and no channel for the sub - not just silent but actually nonexistent. My question was precisely about this distinction.

Last edited:
It is a 4.0 release, but the SACD be authored as either 5.1 with center and sub channels present but silent, or as 5.0 with center channel silent and no channel for the sub - not just silent but actually nonexistent. My question was precisely about this distinction.
It is a 5.0 with silent center.

OK, so....ummm.

HOLY SHIT!

I am absolutely, 100% blown away by this release. Never heard it before, never listened to videos ahead of mine showing up. Man, oh freaking man. This is a stunner. I don't know what else to say. Geez....
Missed this a month ago, Gene. Totally agree. If it’s your first time hearing this, it’s mind blowing to experience in incredible hires quad. WOW!

Back