MISC: JVC U100 4 Channel / 2 Channel System Selector

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrockasaurus

If you have any more photo's or comments to make on this quadraphonic unit please feel free to post them in this thread....:)

JVC U100 4 Channel / 2 Channel System Selector

Rarity: ULTRA RARE
Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

Allows the simultaneous connection of 5 Quadraphonic Speakers, Amplifiers & Sources with switching between any combination of the above.
An invaluable unit for trying out different combination's of components and speakers to see what works best with what.

The unit pictured below is mine, and in use (originally posted in a thread a while back)....I'll try to take a better picture of it at some point, but the back is a real rats nest of wiring at the moment..!!

The unit dates from approximately 1972.

Attachments

• JVC U100 System Selector 1.jpg
    JVC U100 System Selector 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 234
  • JVC U100 Rear 1.jpg
    JVC U100 Rear 1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 203
I think I remember seeing one of these in an audio store, in use by the retailer for switching various systems for demo. Very cool! JVC did some interesting stuff in the early quad days, but they seem to have bailed on it early. Their new line of stereo receivers introduced around 75-76 never had quadraphonic counterparts. Odd since they were CD-4 at the start.

It's a great unit...and the switching is very smooth between sources. When I'm comparing amps and they sound very close, you literally cannot hear the transition between units when switching...which is amazing for early 70's equipment. Doesn't seem to take too much away from sound quality when the unit is "in circuit".....so much so that I use it all the time.

It's a shame more of these aren't floating around...I've been looking for another one for 4 years since I found this one, with no luck.

Back