HiRez Poll Mitchell, Joni - BOTH SIDES NOW [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Joni Mitchell - BOTH SIDES NOW

• Total voters
I liked this album though it's a while since I last listened to it I am one of the 8s it appears.
If I remember rightly the surround mix was not ground breaking but sound quality was excellent.

And yes the voice was not what it once was but more mature for sure

I liked this album though it's a while since I last listened to it I am one of the 8s it appears.
If I remember rightly the surround mix was not ground breaking but sound quality was excellent.

And yes the voice was not what it once was but more mature for sure

Yes the sound quality of this is very good. For the title track in surround sound I will stick to the Judy Collins version in lovely quadraphonic on the SACD release.

Imagine - I put off purchasing this for ages because of some of the lukewarm comments in this thread! The DVD-audio is absolutely divine. I have almost all of Joni Mitchell's albums on CD - I'm a lifelong fan. Song To A Seagull was among the very first albums I ever heard as a small child 50 years ago. Complaints that this 5.0 mix is not good are ridiculous. The soundstage is marvellous - it's so much better than the CD. Like having Joni standing in my living room crooning. Very few multichannel albums are this moving - I don't think I will ever see a dry eye listening to this. Truly wonderful.

Imagine - I put off purchasing this for ages because of some of the lukewarm comments in this thread! The DVD-audio is absolutely divine. I have almost all of Joni Mitchell's albums on CD - I'm a lifelong fan. Song To A Seagull was among the very first albums I ever heard as a small child 50 years ago. Complaints that this 5.0 mix is not good are ridiculous. The soundstage is marvellous - it's so much better than the CD. Like having Joni standing in my living room crooning. Very few multichannel albums are this moving - I don't think I will ever see a dry eye listening to this. Truly wonderful.
I agree with you Titch - I have similar history with Joni’s Mitchell - even spent an evening with her - platonically on a waterbed in 1970 - this mix is one of my favorite quad or 5.1 I have in my extensive collection which I began assembling in 1976.

I agree with you Titch - I have similar history with Joni’s Mitchell - even spent an evening with her - platonically on a waterbed in 1970 - this mix is one of my favorite quad or 5.1 I have in my extensive collection which I began assembling in 1976.
Welcome to QQ! Making quite a splash with your first post--a platonic evening on a waterbed with Joni Mitchell! YOWZA! What are some of your other surround sound favorites? Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Back