Mike Keneally MK Question #1 - Todd Rundgren Collaboration

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to hear about the Todd Rundgren collaboration, how that came about and any observations on Todd and his music.
Dec 18th
MIKE:
"The collab with Todd is still ongoing, with the ball totally in my court - I'm doing the first round of composing for it before he takes it across the finish line, and my progress on it has stalled with the work I've been doing on a lot of other peoples' projects this year which I've had to prioritize. Looking forward to having time to get back on the train. I'm not sure how much of it has been made public, so I can't be 100% revealing about the specific nature of the project, but it's a theatrical piece which has been long in the works on Todd's end, and our mutual friend Co de Kloet (Dutch radio producer/announcer who was responsible for the commission for my 2003 orchestral piece The Universe Will Provide) suggested me to Todd for the project.

I've known Todd tangentially since the early '90s because I've been friends with a good number of people in his bands, hung out with him a bit backstage at gigs etc., but this is the first project of his that I've been involved with. I adore his music and have done so since I first saw Utopia on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert in 1973 - the music he made in the first half of the '70s in particular was hugely influential and moving for me, and I've loved a lot of what he's done since (with a particular fondness for 2nd Wind, what an underrated and beautiful album that is!)."

Last edited:
Back