Mike Keneally MK Question #5 - More Surround Releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since these two questions were essentially the same I presented them to Mike together.

Jan 30,2021
Mike:
"I am in agreement! I would love to issue more surround audio and Mike Harris (who's done all the amazing surround work for us) has actually completed a few additional tracks in surround from various albums (mostly Scambot 2) that haven't been issued yet. Under current economic conditions it isn't feasible for Exowax to issue them on a Blu-Ray package or something similar right now, but Scott C. have broached the topic of making the surround files downloadable.

As for the future I agree that Wooden Smoke seems to be the primary candidate if we want to do a full album. I'd describe the concept as "perennially on the table" but all those sort of decisions are mostly budget-driven, sometimes schedule-driven, and definitely covid-affected at the moment. Mike Harris is amazing and deserves to be compensated for his work, so we just have to make sure it all makes sense.

I'm very grateful that people appreciate the surround stuff we've released so far - I think the surround mix on Bakin' @ the potato is stellar also, and the Sluggo! surround mix just delighted me so much - many happy hours sitting amidst the speakers with Mike H. tweaking small details until nirvana was achieved." 🙂

Back