Mike Keneally MK Question #7 - Live Potato in 5.1, G3, Fripp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Mike - love your work! Baking’ @ the Potato in 5.1 is a treat. I was fortunate enough to see you in G3 with Fripp, Satriani & Shepherd @ the Beacon in NYC. Curious to know the musical connection you made with Fripp. Your soloing over his soundscapes on the aptly named “Kenneally” is beautiful. Thanks for joining us here on QQ.

March 22:
MIKE:

“Thank you for liking the Potato 5.1 - another one Mike Harris and I toiled away on pretty endlessly, so it's very gratifying when people enjoy it.

Re: soundscapes with Fripp...I was of course a huge fan of his when I was growing up and felt a real kinship with his musical tendencies - so the struggle when improvising over his soundscapes was to not sound exactly like him, because it was so easy for me to hear in my head the sort of choices he would make. And of course at times I had no choice musically but to follow those leads, because that's just what the music was demanding at that moment, but I always felt a little abashed when I would do one of those octave SWOOPS...fortunately Robert didn't find this objectionable and he has been extraordinarily kind in his comments about my playing with him. It was a real delight for me when he chose to release that one particular improv as a DGM download and the fact that he chose to title it "Keneally" is, of course, an honor beyond measure.“

Thanks Tim .:giggle:
July 2nd
MIKE:
"Hey! After we get the new album finished we can think about how to deal with older releases. Even if we don’t do physical I’d like to make the 5.1 available as download. It’s something for us to look into, eventually. I’m grateful for the interest!"

July 2nd
MIKE:
"Hey! After we get the new album finished we can think about how to deal with older releases. Even if we don’t do physical I’d like to make the 5.1 available as download. It’s something for us to look into, eventually. I’m grateful for the interest!"

Mike ;
I'm a sucker for the physical disc over a download , so if possible and not too expensive , please consider a disc. Could even be an inclusion on say, perhaps a.... .. "Best of Mike Keneally" 5.1 DVD .

Thanks for listening
:) Fizzy

Back