MMH - New Atmos Decoder (beta) discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to add Left Center (LC) and Right Center (RC) channels output?

It’s not in the Dolby Atmos (home) 16 ch standard. Supported 9.1.x decodes add two wide fronts (LW RW) not LC and RC.

22.2 has LC and RC but those only appear in MPEG-H 3D. Since there are no 22.2 AVRs you would need to remix the extra channels into existing 16 channel systems.

Tested and working great as usual. Better speed, interface, and automatic gain!

Thanks for confirming.

Currently the tool calculates the gain based on all the files loaded, so don’t be tempted to load multiple albums and the auto gain calc looks at everything. I should really just calculate based on folders, so if you load 3 album folders the calc would get gain per album. I’ll add that to my To Do list…

Running an SSDS config?
Would be nice!

It’s not in the Dolby Atmos (home) 16 ch standard. Supported 9.1.x decodes add two wide fronts (LW RW) not LC and RC.

22.2 has LC and RC but those only appear in MPEG-H 3D. Since there are no 22.2 AVRs you would need to remix the extra channels into existing 16 channel systems.
But there are some (few) Atmos discs that actually use LC RC, like Gravity and Oblivion for example; Trinnov Altitude models are able to use them; there are others, but I'm not sure if they actually use objects or just "spread" the L C R to L LC C RC R, extracting LC from L and C, and RC from R and C.

There is at least one processor capable of reproducing 22.2 but it's extremely expensive: Trinnov Altitude 32.

I wonder if it's possible to extract >16ch from one of the former discs, and choose which channels to export - like 7.1.4 + LC RC.

How are you syncing up decoded Atmos with video?
Supposedly it's already in sync with video, hence just play video track with a player like MPC and load audio (or rename it as video track).

I'm curious to hear those LC RC tracks! :D

But there are some (few) Atmos discs that actually use LC RC, like Gravity and Oblivion for example;

I suspect the mix does not have LC and RC channels and whatever software you are using to look at the channel layout is incorrect. Why? Because their is no LC and RC channels in Dolby Atmos 16 channel system standard used for home systems.

I wonder if it's possible to extract >16ch from one of the former discs, and choose which channels to export - like 7.1.4 + LC RC.

Not using this Atmos decoder as the channel layouts do not support anything with LC and RC.

You could, of course remap the wides (LW and RW) to L and R, and L and R to LC and RC.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming.

Currently the tool calculates the gain based on all the files loaded, so don’t be tempted to load multiple albums and the auto gain calc looks at everything. I should really just calculate based on folders, so if you load 3 album folders the calc would get gain per album. I’ll add that to my To Do list…

This is now implemented in latest MMH 7.0.0 Beta 11 just published below, so you can now add 10 album folders and get all tracks decoded in the single decode session! Auto gain is calculated for all files in each folder only (previous versions would calculate gain for all files loaded into the session).

MMH7.0.0.Beta 11 now available (same link as previous)
Download link:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Changes since beta 10:
Decoding Atmos: Added new 'Add Folder(s)' button - adds all supported files in folder(s) selected (use CTRL + Click to add multiple folders)
Decoding Atmos: Add support for multiple folders to a decode session (supporting auto Gain by folder for multiple albums in same session)
Updated MediaInfo to latest 23.04

Latest Decode dialog:
1682746159109.png

Last edited:
Hello, all. I have a single MLP of the 2022 Atmos mix of the Beatles Let It Be album. It converts fine into a single WAV file representing the 5.1.2 format of the album for my system array. However, I don’t have a cue file to split the MLP or the WAV file into the separate tracks. Is there any place to find a cue file that I can use to split the tracks, either as MLP or WAV files? Thanks. JCR

Try this one. You'll need to edit it to suit your needs: -

Code:
PERFORMER "The Beatles"
TITLE "Let It Be [2022]"
REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 1970

FILE "Let It Be.???" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO
        TITLE "Two Of Us"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
        TITLE "Dig A Pony"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 03:36:35
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
        TITLE "Across The Universe"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 07:30:15
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
        TITLE "I Me Mine"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 11:18:22
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
        TITLE "Dig It"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 13:44:21
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
        TITLE "Let It Be"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 14:34:53
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
        TITLE "Maggie Mae"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 18:37:61
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
        TITLE "I've Got A Feeling"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 19:17:24
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
        TITLE "One After 909"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 22:55:62
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
        TITLE "The Long And Winding Road"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles
        INDEX 01 25:48:62
    TRACK 11 AUDIO
        TITLE "For You Blue
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 29:27:32
    TRACK 12 AUDIO
        TITLE "Get Back"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 31:59:72

Cheers

Attachments

• Let It Be.zip
    509 bytes · Views: 0
Try this one. You'll need to edit it to suit your needs: -

Code:
PERFORMER "The Beatles"
TITLE "Let It Be [2022]"
REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 1970

FILE "Let It Be.???" WAVE

TRACK 01 AUDIO
        TITLE "Two Of Us"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
        TITLE "Dig A Pony"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 03:36:35
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
        TITLE "Across The Universe"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 07:30:15
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
        TITLE "I Me Mine"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 11:18:22
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
        TITLE "Dig It"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 13:44:21
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
        TITLE "Let It Be"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 14:34:53
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
        TITLE "Maggie Mae"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 18:37:61
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
        TITLE "I've Got A Feeling"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 19:17:24
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
        TITLE "One After 909"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 22:55:62
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
        TITLE "The Long And Winding Road"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles
        INDEX 01 25:48:62
    TRACK 11 AUDIO
        TITLE "For You Blue
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 29:27:32
    TRACK 12 AUDIO
        TITLE "Get Back"
        PERFORMER "The Beatles"
        INDEX 01 31:59:72

Cheers
Well, I am a bit perplexed. I edited this cue file for FLAC purposes and when I input the cue into the Join or Split Audio tab of MMH, I correctly get all 12 files appearing. However, when I then load the FLAC album in the lower portion of the dialog, it erases the 12 tracks of the cue on the screen and instead shows that it will split the FLAC album into 10 files, not 12. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Maybe I am using the dialog incorrectly? I've attached my version of the cue file (as a notepad file so as to attach) and screenshots of what I am seeing. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. JCR

Attachments

• Let It Be.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Split Audio 1.jpg
    Split Audio 1.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Split Audio 2.jpg
    Split Audio 2.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 0
I’ll take a look at this today. Your cue looks ok but the FILE line should include the .flac extension (your file name should also have a .flac extension, assuming your file is FLAC?). But that shouldn’t cause the skipping of the two tracks.

I thought you had a large WAV file that you have decoded from mlp? If so the FILE should be “Let It Be.wav” and the type should be WAVE:

FILE "Let It Be.wav” WAVE

I’ll take a look at this today. Your cue looks ok but the FILE line should include the .flac extension (your file name should also have a .flac extension, assuming your file is FLAC?). But that shouldn’t cause the skipping of the two tracks.

I thought you had a large WAV file that you have decoded from mlp? If so the FILE should be “Let It Be.wav” and the type should be WAVE:

FILE "Let It Be.wav” WAVE
I do have the large WAV file but converted first to a large FLAC file, as I store my music on my NAS in FLAC format and I play my Atmos 5.1.2 files through Roon. One of my earlier requests was to have a choice to save the MLP output of the Atmos helper program as either WAV or FLAC. :) I've edited the cue file here as you note, and hopefully have it correct now. You are correct: editing the cue file did not change the fact that the split appears as 10 files and not 12. JCR

Attachments

• Let It Be (Corrected).txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back