Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An E-Mail I received yesterday from MoFi/Music Direct claims that Mars Hotel SACD is shipping, as is Blues for Allah LP. No mention of BFA SACD.

I've had MH, BFA, In the Garden of Eden & J. Geils Mofi SACD's on preorder since they were announced.

If these appear in the next week, I won't see them until Wednesday. Ditto for the sooper duper Red Rose Speedway box that came a few weeks ago.

Wake up to find out that I'm Uncle Sam, that's who I am...

An E-Mail I received yesterday from MoFi/Music Direct claims that Mars Hotel SACD is shipping, as is Blues for Allah LP. No mention of BFA SACD.

I've had MH, BFA, In the Garden of Eden & J. Geils Mofi SACD's on preorder since they were announced.

If these appear in the next week, I won't see them until Wednesday. Ditto for the sooper duper Red Rose Speedway box that came a few weeks ago.

Blues for Allah sould sound awesome. Even the standard one sounds good.

According to Music Direct. both the Blues for Allah and Live From the Mars Hotel SACDs have BOTH shipped. What's the hold up with J. Geils ... that was announced [and pre~ordered] eons ago?

According to Santa, Mars has shipped and SACD Allah will ship on 12/23. I think I have that straight.

Red Rose isn't coming until Christmas. Isn't that an extremely long shipping window for something that's coming from two rooms down the hall?

Shake the hand that shook the hand of P.T. Barnum and Charlie Chan...

My two Grateful Dead SACD's arrived today, both are #35 out of 2500.
CMOB_2196_SA__145911__10012019113557-4653.jpg
CMOB_2198_SA__145909__10012019113236-8873.jpg

I always order direct from MOFI and seem to get low numbers, but when I order from Amazon, not so low.

I also ordered direct from Music Direct [it really doesn't pay price~wise to order from anyone else when they have their frequent sales] but what's in a number, Markie unless you auction them off in the future to pay for your castle in España!

See the source image

Last edited:
Was going to order the Dead discs from Music Direct but when I discovered they now charge sales tax to ship to WA I passed and got the same discount without tax elsewhere. Will get higher number but don’t care

Just received notification from Music Direct that the Stereo SACD of Iron Butterfly's IN~A~GADDA~DA~VIDA has shipped!
That is great, can't wait for mine to come, no shipment notice from MOFI for me. Ralphie, I already know you'll be saying this begs for surround. But I always trust MOFI for great stereo.

That is great, can't wait for mine to come, no shipment notice from MOFI for me. Ralphie, I already know you'll be saying this begs for surround. But I always trust MOFI for great stereo.

Nah, Markie...I just want a definitive stereo remaster from the original analogue tapes.........Saw it performed live when I was stationed at Fort Riley Kansas!

Back