Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering about the VAnilla Fudge SACD that you can pre-order...yet it says release date TBA. Is there any value in pre-ordering now? I suppose it's possible it could "sell out" before the TBA date is announced? Hmmmm. Guess I answered my own question. I'm going to place my order.
I don't waste my time with pre orders, TBA, etc. I used to out of paranoia that I might miss something, thats just not reality, all the music sellers always have everything for at least 2 months.

I picked up these four (with my T Rex) on sale with my MOFI order. All these company's with there discounted products during "Stay At Home" is killing me.
5683.jpg
8960.jpg
9267.jpg
CMOB_2161_SA__120495__11292016111441-344.jpg

I picked up these four (with my T Rex) on sale with my MOFI order. All these company's with there discounted products during "Stay At Home" is killing me.
View attachment 49288View attachment 49289View attachment 49290View attachment 49291

ALL GREAT albums, Markie......most especially at their discounted prices. And don't despair.....before you know it you'll be your usual ACTIVE SELF .....but take my word.......Better SAFE than SORRY. Things are still GRIM around these parts.

And globally, they've been DOWNPLAYING the severity of this crisis!

I don't waste my time with pre orders, TBA, etc. I used to out of paranoia that I might miss something, thats just not reality, all the music sellers always have everything for at least 2 months.
I'm willing to bet that some who pre-order are later surprised to realize they have placed duplicate orders...

I do have a Mobile Fidelity gripe. While they do accept Paypal, they won't let you use Paypal on pre-orders. Duh.....seems sort of dumb.

EDIT - I meant Music Direct!
Yeah I tried to pre-order vanilla fudge while ordering Electric Warrior and didn’t because of this.

• Sad
Reactions: GOS
I am wondering, what you think? I have the Workingman's Dead 5.1 DVD-A which is beautiful and fantastic.
I am not a all or nothing surround guy and I love stereo, in fact the best version of The Allman Brothers Live At Fillmore East is the MOFI stereo.
That said I wonder if anybody has any input on this MOFI Workingmans DEad?
MOFI LINK

Good but NOT great news as I was wishin' and hopin' Dutton Vocalion could've released the original RCA QUAD remix

HARRY NILSSON -
Duit On Mon Dei. RCA APD1-0817 (CD4), APT1-0817 (Q8)
Nilsson Schmilsson. RCA APD1-0319 (CD4), EPQ1-0319-QF (QR),
PQ8-1734 (Q8), R4P-5052 (CD4) [Japan]

Pussy Cats. RCA APD1-0570 (CD4), APT1-0570 (Q8), RCA R4P-5081 (CD4)
[Japan]
Sandman. RCA APD1-1031 (CD4), APT1-1031 (Q8)

Good but NOT great news as I was wishin' and hopin' Dutton Vocalion could've released the original RCA QUAD remix

HARRY NILSSON -
Duit On Mon Dei. RCA APD1-0817 (CD4), APT1-0817 (Q8)
Nilsson Schmilsson. RCA APD1-0319 (CD4), EPQ1-0319-QF (QR),
PQ8-1734 (Q8), R4P-5052 (CD4) [Japan]

Pussy Cats. RCA APD1-0570 (CD4), APT1-0570 (Q8), RCA R4P-5081 (CD4)
[Japan]
Sandman. RCA APD1-1031 (CD4), APT1-1031 (Q8)

DV probably can still do it. It's likely MoFi only has the rights to to reissue the title in the US (may not even cover North America).

Another example of this involved MoFi's SACD of Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue"....it was released in the same week as the Hong Kong Sony Music's SACD of "Kind of Blue". Both versions even came from the same Austrian Sony DADC pressing plant. I would think MoFi can only legally sell its version in the US, just as HK Sony can only sell its version, legally, in HK.

Probably same reason we got 2 SACD versions of Styx's Paradise Theatre being leased at about the same time.

Last edited:
Back