Modern DVD-A authoring programs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what can you tell about this app?
i had seen the site but all that information about BDAuthor so not impressive.
the free version, which i guess supposed to show what it is, absolutely crap and does nothing,
beside you install it, look at it and delete from your PC

I like it very much since it was the only cheap (~$1K, if I remember right) BD authoring program that could handle BD 3D and DTS-HD MA. Large learning curve but once you are there it's very easy to repeat. Much like we're doing here with DVD, it gets you down to the bit level. Easy to screw-up but also easy to create interesting programs and menus.

Probably should create another thread for details.

Andy

Good idea to simplify.

PowerDVD will play the VIDEO_TS portion but AUDIO_TS capability was removed beginning with PowerDVD version 9.

Yes, I see what you have overlooked and didn't take into account. I alluded to it earlier when I complained about not being able to debug using DLP's builtin simulator.

DLP has a hidden PGC1. If you see 'red' numbers for the PGC numbers then you will notice they start with 2. BUT when you turn off the AL the numbers change - 2 becomes 1, 3 becomes 2 and so on.

Read this, especially the last couple paragraphs at the bottom:

http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/Helppro/abslayer.htm

this is a close up view of the example I posted earlier showing the menu bar - NOTE the "pgc" button is "in" (pressed) and the pgc numbers are red starting at 2. THese are the numbers that the AL uses!

now press/click that 'pgc' button and watch the numbers change to- both the starting point (1) and color (black). This is WITHOUT the AL - and THESE are the numbers you need to use when you are going to turn OFF the AL at compile time:

If you are planning to turn off the AL then you need to take into account that PGCs start at 1 and NOT at 2 (there is no hidden PGC1 if the AL is turned off).

I made PGC1 be the 'splash screen' (VMGM PGC1) and the main menu is VMGM PGC2. When the TITLE button is hit transfer goes to PGC1, the flag is checked and the splash screen is skipped over and control goes to PGC2.

Correct - and if you select an object and then click the cyan VM button on the tool bar you will toggle the visibility of the VM commands - one of the states is to completely collapse the shaded area so the AL commands don't show up.

I was going to post the complete project from DLP but apparently it's too large at about 4MB (looks like DLP embedded all but the actual audio files). Sigh.

Thank you, once again, for your great help. I have a very simple structure with a single command for basically jumping that links one menu with one movie. I thought I'd have to specify each menu button track-by-track jump location with VM commands but it looks like DLP does that. I have title and root menu buttons jumping to the one menu and everything seems to work well. It's very simple, so it's easy to test to see that everything is working in PowerDVD 13.

When I use this Video_TS in Chrome II, I get two warnings that:

A VTS with pre commands is not legal for VIDEO_TS import. (VTS_PRE_CMD_Ns).
A VTS with more than one post command is not legal for VIDEO_TS import. (VTS_POST_CMD_Ns).

I have checked the VM commands in that object and there are no pre or post commands except for abstraction layer commands and the abstraction layer is disabled (I just double-checked).

Simplified Structure 03202016A.jpg

Any ideas? I think that was the last item on my "easy structure" list was to verify that Chrome II had no warnings. Then I'll move onto adding the bonus tracks back in and one menu for it. Then once that works, I'll make things much more complicated.

Also, did you ever figure out your timing differences? I have Dolby Digital and DTS files that both report 39:54. After they come out of DLP, everything reports that the movie is 39:51. I am still looking for where that discrepancy occurs. It's another thing I've put off for years since I was able to make a not-perfect hybrid DVD-Audio disc without fixing that.

Andy

Last edited:
I like it very much since it was the only cheap (~$1K, if I remember right) BD authoring program that could handle BD 3D and DTS-HD MA.

Andy
adobe encore handles DTS HDMA with no sweat and in many instances quite convenient if you use other adobe appz in conjunction
with BD authoring. many positive reviews for DoStudio but damn thing cost three grands.
as for the warning in discWelder, that's bug by default in software which was never got fixed by developers. just ignore it.

adobe encore handles DTS HDMA with no sweat and in many instances quite convenient if you use other adobe appz in conjunction
with BD authoring. many positive reviews for DoStudio but damn thing cost three grands.
as for the warning in discWelder, that's bug by default in software which was never got fixed by developers. just ignore it.

Otto, thank you. I'll take the warnings off my list. All that's left is figuring out the timing issue.

I'll try adding bonus tracks tonight and try to get the menus to interact correctly.

The one thing missing with Adobe was 3D. It could handle DTS-HD MA but no 3D support. The combination of the two made it unique and I had a bunch of 3D videos to process with multitrack audio. That left BDAuthor since I couldn't afford DoStudio either. I thought DoStudio was above $3K for 3D and DTS-HD MA support?

Anyway, that's how I ended up with BDAuthor. Steep learning curve but very similar to DoStudio in construct.

Andy

I disagree. It's not a bug in the sense of not being correct. in the example I posted of my layout I get neither warning message. If you see those warnings there are pre-commands or more than one post command associated with the VTS. It's hard to see from the screen capture - it's not as complete as the one I submitted earlier.

While annoying the warnings are harmless. It's been pointed out *many* times in other threads that those commands are only used by the DVD-Video side and ignored by all known DVD-Audio players (heck, I've created a regular DVD-V in DVD-Studio Pro and put that on a DVD-A disc without a problem).

It could be that the DVD-Audio specs were revised to remove the restriction about pre and post commands. But then Chrome was discontinued before the program could be revised to remove the warnings/checks.

I see a yellow + sign by the "Album" - and the command is "nop", that could be the problem.

Yellow Plus signs on a movie/audio track mean there are pre-commands present. Could be the problem.

If you use PGCEedit or MyDVDEdit (on a Mac) I wager you will indeed see Pre and Post commands associated with the VTS that is being imported into Chrome.

Don't worry about the time - unless the music abruptly stops short. It's just an artifact of NDF vs DF I think - the actual duration is fine, 3 frames out of ~2400 is about .1% or the difference between 30fps and 29.97. At least that's my theory.

As far as Andy's comment: "I thought I'd have to specify each menu button track-by-track jump location with VM commands but it looks like DLP does that" I think that could be a source of AL creeping in - if you're letting DLP do something automatically then it's could be generating code behind the scenes. Far too easy to have AL creep in. Best to manually link the buttons to tracks.

To answer the other question about why continue with hybrid DVD-Audio discs - the DVD-V side is for friends and family that don't have a clue about what a BD-A is, but they do know and can deal with DVD So I play the DVD-A side on the hardware player and they play the DVD-V area and I don't have to buy or learn yet another authoring program ;)

actually for playing on a computer there is no DVD-Audio software any longer (PowerDVD removed it in version 9) - the emphasis is for ripping/extracting (DVD-Audio Explorer, and the like) to get the data off into flac files or similar. For computer playback on my systems I've moved to creating Scarletbook images which Audirvana+ http://audirvana.com can play (since the image looks like an SACD).

Interestingly you were both right. There was a single leftover post command in the VTS. When I removed the post command, both warnings went away. So, the pre warning was incorrect, but the post warning was correct.

BTW, I used PGCEdit to find the command. Now I just need to translate what was found in PGCEdit back into the DLP input.

You were right - the abstraction layer "off" check mark had disappeared. I thought that would be persistent but I guess not.

One other PGCEdit question. If I go into PGSCEdit and copy all of the AL commands from a working, but AL enabled, version of the structure and then use those as appropriate AL-off pre commands, would that work? I'd have to use the correct registers, of course.

Andy

Interestingly you were both right. There was a single leftover post command in the VTS. When I removed the post command, both warnings went away. So, the pre warning was incorrect, but the post warning was correct.

Ah ha! so that "nop" I saw was the problem. Though so. I'm sure the message is a single string printed if either condition (pre or post) is encountered. Much like messages do not bother with the correct pluralization and say things like "1 errors" instead of "1 error", etc.

BTW, I used PGCEdit to find the command. Now I just need to translate what was found in PGCEdit back into the DLP input.

You were right - the abstraction layer "off" check mark had disappeared. I thought that would be persistent but I guess not.

That is something I commented on (not sure if it was in this thread or a similar one) months ago: I really think the "AL enable/disable" is in the wrong place. It should be, I feel, a project preference/attribute - you set it once at the beginning of a project and it persists. Constantly having to check the box on each compile (when the code has been written using non-AL PGC numbering) is a very bad idea and prone to error.

One other PGCEdit question. If I go into PGSCEdit and copy all of the AL commands from a working, but AL enabled, version of the structure and then use those as appropriate AL-off pre commands, would that work? I'd have to use the correct registers, of course.
Andy

Probably not. Remember that the PGC numbering is off by 1. There's that "hidden" PGC 1 that the AL has for internal use. AL will generate code referencing PGC 2 3, 4, ... - then when you turn off the AL the PGC numbering changes to 1,2,3, ... and things will flop rather badly. That's why the builtin debug/simulate feature (which is really nice) of DLP can't be used - you have to use the NON AL numbering scheme (for when you turn off the AL) but the debugger runs BEFORE you have a chance to turn off the AL!

you can get some ideas certainly from the AL generated code and see how things are done but you're better off, in my opinion, learning the "vm language" and writing your own. Once you've been thru the first one I think you'll be as surprised as I was how straightforward it is as long as you stay clear of the fancy effects. Most of the effort is actually, I've found, in the asset preparation - the photoshop time and audio editing - rather than the authoring of the dvd.

Good Luck!

Hello everyone. I have read the thread and my head will still take a bit to stop spinning on the wealth of information on here. I am not a pro at authoring DVD's or anything but was wondering if there is something simple and not too expensive (under $100) available on the consumer level that will allow me to make a 4 ch DVD-A. For me, I am not interested in the slide show or detailed disc you pro's come up with. I just want to create a DVD-A that will allow me to burn 4 discrete hi rez wave channels to DVD or BR and play it in my home. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone. I have read the thread and my head will still take a bit to stop spinning on the wealth of information on here. I am not a pro at authoring DVD's or anything but was wondering if there is something simple and not too expensive (under $100) available on the consumer level that will allow me to make a 4 ch DVD-A. For me, I am not interested in the slide show or detailed disc you pro's come up with. I just want to create a DVD-A that will allow me to burn 4 discrete hi rez wave channels to DVD or BR and play it in my home. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

there are a number of other threads on QQ that are also worth reading (if you haven't already done so). "How Do I make a DVD-A" is one, another is "DVD authoring issues - any ideas?".

The offerings for DVD-A authoring software are extremely slim - as you no doubt have discovered. In fact this thread was created on an attempt to find out if anything newer than "educational" versions of discontinued software was available.

There are exactly 2, that I know of, pieces of "modern" DVD-A software available today:

1) the open source https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvd-audio/files/dvda-author/ (some assembly is usually required for projects available as source code but perhaps there are precompiled binaries - I have not looked at this in depth). Price is $0.00 so that should fit the budget ;)

2) HD-Audio Solo Ultra - http://cirlinca.com/products.htm - ~$70 - been a couple years or so since it was updated to v4.4. This can also write to Blu Ray discs according to the manual.

A few things are worth repeating about DVD-A discs. 1) there's VERY little (verging on none) software that can play DVD-A discs on a computer so if that is one of the things you want to do then creating 4 channel FLAC files would be a better way to go 2) Set-top/hardware players that understand DVD-A discs are in the definite minority - the Oppo brand is the "go to" choice. Sony is talking bout adding DVD-A playback but it's not clear how widespread that support is or will continue to be https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...coming-to-Sony-universal-player-Yes-DVD-Audio!! 3) Depending on your desired sampling rate / aural acuity you may find the DVD media too limiting - there is a maximum bitrate that can be used with DVD media. If your chosen sample rate and bit depth are high then you need to use MLP (Merdian Lossless Packing - a lossless compression method) and NEITHER of the two tools above support MLP. Here's what you're looking at for sample/bit choices https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?4070-Linear-PCM-for-DVD-Audio

Unless you have specific compatibility needs that require DVD-A (as I and others have mentioned) then blu ray audio (BD-A) is probably the way to go. You don't have to worry about making sure the bitrate (sample size /depth) is within DVD limits, the play time will be much longer, etc.

Good Luck!

Hif there is something simple and not too expensive (under $100) available on the consumer level that will allow me to make a 4 ch DVD-A. For me, I am not interested in the slide show or detailed disc you pro's come up with. I just want to create a DVD-A that will allow me to burn 4 discrete hi rez wave channels to DVD or BR and play it in my home.
perhaps simplest and cheapest way to go for you would be to make in few clicks BD-A with tsMuxer,
assuming you already have source audio 4.0 or 5.1 audio streams to use.
it's free and do not required any skill. BD-A wouldn't have menu but "audio" button on remote will allow you
to switch between different audio streams on the disk (for example if you use two streams - surround and stereo)
and "skip to next" button will allow you to jump from track to track back and forth during playback.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-with-5-1-FLAC&p=280238&viewfull=1#post280238

there are a number of other threads on QQ that are also worth reading (if you haven't already done so). "How Do I make a DVD-A" is one, another is "DVD authoring issues - any ideas?".

The offerings for DVD-A authoring software are extremely slim - as you no doubt have discovered. In fact this thread was created on an attempt to find out if anything newer than "educational" versions of discontinued software was available.

There are exactly 2, that I know of, pieces of "modern" DVD-A software available today:

1) the open source https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvd-audio/files/dvda-author/ (some assembly is usually required for projects available as source code but perhaps there are precompiled binaries - I have not looked at this in depth). Price is $0.00 so that should fit the budget ;)

2) HD-Audio Solo Ultra - http://cirlinca.com/products.htm - ~$70 - been a couple years or so since it was updated to v4.4. This can also write to Blu Ray discs according to the manual.

A few things are worth repeating about DVD-A discs. 1) there's VERY little (verging on none) software that can play DVD-A discs on a computer so if that is one of the things you want to do then creating 4 channel FLAC files would be a better way to go 2) Set-top/hardware players that understand DVD-A discs are in the definite minority - the Oppo brand is the "go to" choice. Sony is talking bout adding DVD-A playback but it's not clear how widespread that support is or will continue to be https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...coming-to-Sony-universal-player-Yes-DVD-Audio!! 3) Depending on your desired sampling rate / aural acuity you may find the DVD media too limiting - there is a maximum bitrate that can be used with DVD media. If your chosen sample rate and bit depth are high then you need to use MLP (Merdian Lossless Packing - a lossless compression method) and NEITHER of the two tools above support MLP. Here's what you're looking at for sample/bit choices https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?4070-Linear-PCM-for-DVD-Audio

Unless you have specific compatibility needs that require DVD-A (as I and others have mentioned) then blu ray audio (BD-A) is probably the way to go. You don't have to worry about making sure the bitrate (sample size /depth) is within DVD limits, the play time will be much longer, etc.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the information. I did not yet find those threads and will read up on them.

re: Sourceforge, I have been to that sight but I keep getting errors when I try to install it. Maybe it doesn't like my Windows 10? I don't know. I will keep at that one.
re: HD-Audio Solo Ultra, I have also been looking at that one but have not yet stepped into purchasing it yet as I am waiting until I know all my options. Plus I am trying to find out more specific information on it including the actual GUI of the program and it's ease of use.
Just as I am typing that last line, I think to myself, "should I even try to do this". Sort of in the lines of "why is that baker working as a mechanic"?

The reason I am looking into this is because I have a microphone that has several mikes in it and is capable of recording 4 ch surround (via two separate but synced stereo wave files) at 24 bit / 48 khz and would like to preserve the recordings at the best possible. There is a free lite version of Wavelabe 8 and have found little to no evidence to know if it is capable of doing 4 ch without upgrading to the Wavelab pro 9 at $480.

As far as playing DVD-A on my PC, I have no interest. I have an old Pioneer DVD-A/SACD player that should be able to handle the playback. And if not, I have been eyeing the OPPO players for sometime. Just looking for the perfect reason to splurge on one.

I would love to go the Bluray route and have no problem with this. I haven't ventured to much into that end because I was thinking that A) any software I find will be able to handle both or B) focusing on BR would be more expensive. But by all means, if I can find a way to burn quality multichannel BR disc, and it fits my budget I would do that as well.

So if you can point me in the direction of not to pricey software capable of transforming my 4 channel recordings to loss less BR audio disc, I would like to look into them as well.

I appreciate the knowledge this forum provides. It is a great community here.

perhaps simplest and cheapest way to go for you would be to make in few clicks BD-A with tsMuxer,
assuming you already have source audio 4.0 or 5.1 audio streams to use.
it's free and do not required any skill. BD-A wouldn't have menu but "audio" button on remote will allow you
to switch between different audio streams on the disk (for example if you use two streams - surround and stereo)
and "skip to next" button will allow you to jump from track to track back and forth during playback.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-with-5-1-FLAC&p=280238&viewfull=1#post280238

thanks.
just so I understand, the name of the program is tsMuxeR?
Also, where do I get tsMuxeR?
And I honestly don't yet understand what you mean by audio streams. Can I convert the two separate stereo wave files to 1 4 ch audio stream format?
sorry but I am a total beginner here. I got to a point where I thought I knew a lot only to find out I know next to nothing.
I do appreciate all this info.
thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I did not yet find those threads and will read up on them.

re: HD-Audio Solo Ultra, I have also been looking at that one but have not yet stepped into purchasing it yet as I am waiting until I know all my options. Plus I am trying to find out more specific information on it including the actual GUI of the program and it's ease of use.

the two threads I mentioned are here - if your head's already spinning you might want to wait until it's stopped before reading these :D
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?10570-How-Do-I-make-a-DVD-A

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?21070-DVD-authoring-issues-any-ideas

HD-Audio Solo has a free trial AND a well written manual at http://www.cirlinca.com/products.htm AND there are tutorials/guide/instructions at http://www.cirlinca.com/highresolution.htm

i don't see how it could be any easier. If you can drag&drop files and click a "record" or "burn" button you should have something playable within a couple hours of downloading the program.

MUCH of the verbiage you've read on this, and the other threads, has to do with the DVD-VIDEO authoring aspect - how to get the DVD-V side properly created so that the resulting disc is "in spec" for DVD-A.

Just as I am typing that last line, I think to myself, "should I even try to do this". Sort of in the lines of "why is that baker working as a mechanic"?

Almost all of the complexity that's made your head spin deals with menu design, navigation, DVD-Video virtual machine programming and so on - that's all, to use your baker's analogy "frosting on the cake". Even a mechanic can dump a box of Betty Crocker mix into a bowl and add water - and that, really, is about the complexity of a simple DVD-A disc

The reason I am looking into this is because I have a microphone that has several mikes in it and is capable of recording 4 ch surround (via two separate but synced stereo wave files) at 24 bit / 48 khz and would like to preserve the recordings at the best possible. There is a free lite version of Wavelabe 8 and have found little to no evidence to know if it is capable of doing 4 ch without upgrading to the Wavelab pro 9 at $480.

I thought I read that DVD-A support was withdrawn from Wavelab in an earlier version. I might be wrong but other than "found" versions of Discwelder Chrome (which I found as easy to use as falling off of a log) there's no DVD-A authoring software being sold today - that's why this thread was created, to hopefully find some but so far it hasn't uncovered any.

As far as playing DVD-A on my PC, I have no interest. I have an old Pioneer DVD-A/SACD player that should be able to handle the playback. And if not, I have been eyeing the OPPO players for sometime. Just looking for the perfect reason to splurge on one.

My region free Oppo 103 has been the best optical disc player I've ever owned - well worth the $. Looking forward to Oppo's UHD version later this year or early 2017.

I would love to go the Bluray route and have no problem with this. I haven't ventured to much into that end because I was thinking that A) any software I find will be able to handle both or B) focusing on BR would be more expensive. But by all means, if I can find a way to burn quality multichannel BR disc, and it fits my budget I would do that as well.

So if you can point me in the direction of not to pricey software capable of transforming my 4 channel recordings to loss less BR audio disc, I would like to look into them as well.

I don't see how BR would be more expensive. Oh, the media is a few cents/disc more per disc but not a lot.

Software has already been pointed out - I can't see $70 being pricey. HD-Solo Ultra can do blu ray using your uncompressed 48K/24b wav files. Grab the free trial, toss a few files into it and see what happens. The manual / user guide is complete and has lots of useful info that'll get you burning a disc in very little time I think.

Good Luck!

the two threads I mentioned are here - if your head's already spinning you might want to wait until it's stopped before reading these :D
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?10570-How-Do-I-make-a-DVD-A

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?21070-DVD-authoring-issues-any-ideas

HD-Audio Solo has a free trial AND a well written manual at http://www.cirlinca.com/products.htm AND there are tutorials/guide/instructions at http://www.cirlinca.com/highresolution.htm

i don't see how it could be any easier. If you can drag&drop files and click a "record" or "burn" button you should have something playable within a couple hours of downloading the program.

MUCH of the verbiage you've read on this, and the other threads, has to do with the DVD-VIDEO authoring aspect - how to get the DVD-V side properly created so that the resulting disc is "in spec" for DVD-A.

Almost all of the complexity that's made your head spin deals with menu design, navigation, DVD-Video virtual machine programming and so on - that's all, to use your baker's analogy "frosting on the cake". Even a mechanic can dump a box of Betty Crocker mix into a bowl and add water - and that, really, is about the complexity of a simple DVD-A disc

I thought I read that DVD-A support was withdrawn from Wavelab in an earlier version. I might be wrong but other than "found" versions of Discwelder Chrome (which I found as easy to use as falling off of a log) there's no DVD-A authoring software being sold today - that's why this thread was created, to hopefully find some but so far it hasn't uncovered any.

My region free Oppo 103 has been the best optical disc player I've ever owned - well worth the $. Looking forward to Oppo's UHD version later this year or early 2017.

I don't see how BR would be more expensive. Oh, the media is a few cents/disc more per disc but not a lot.

Software has already been pointed out - I can't see $70 being pricey. HD-Solo Ultra can do blu ray using your uncompressed 48K/24b wav files. Grab the free trial, toss a few files into it and see what happens. The manual / user guide is complete and has lots of useful info that'll get you burning a disc in very little time I think.

Good Luck!

Thank you for all the insight and advise. I will check those threads when my head stops spinning but it looks like the solution would either be HD-Audio Solo or the Foobar/tsMuxer solution presented also. I am just not sure how to convert a pair of wave files into a single multi channel stream. I guess I have to understand the stream format before attempting. Thus leaning more toward the HD-Audio Solo.

Wave lab 9 pro shows CD/DVD-Audio support according to this page
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/wavelab/line_up.html

So far, this is the best grouping of information I have found.
thank you everyone.
:sun

Thank you for all the insight and advise. I will check those threads when my head stops spinning but it looks like the solution would either be HD-Audio Solo or the Foobar/tsMuxer solution presented also. I am just not sure how to convert a pair of wave files into a single multi channel stream. I guess I have to understand the stream format before attempting. Thus leaning more toward the HD-Audio Solo.

Hmmm, i've found the easiest way to deal with multi channel audio is to use MONO files - one for each channel. all of the authoring programs I've seen support assigning a mono file to channel, That avoids the mess of channel mapping (I've been bit by programs that get the channel assignments wrong). ALSO with high resolution audio it's easy to run over the WAV file size limit - not all programs are WAV64 aware! With HD-Solo there is, as I recall, a stylized file naming convention you use for the channels and the program will find and assign the files to the channels automatically. This is all described in detail in the manual.

Wave lab 9 pro shows CD/DVD-Audio support according to this page
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/wavelab/line_up.html

By golly you're right! (y)

The day wasn't a waste - learned something new. Have to read the manual more closely but I didn't see a lot about VM programming or active menus (if you search for Sonic DVD Audio Creator or Sonic DAC on QQ you'll see more head spinning discussion :)

The user interface of Wavelab makes my head ache. I'd prefer a standalone DVD-A authoring program rather than an output module in an editor. Reading the manual you definitely get extremely tired of the word "montage" :eek:

So far, this is the best grouping of information I have found. thank you everyone.

Welcome :sun

By golly you're right! (y)

The day wasn't a waste - learned something new. Have to read the manual more closely but I didn't see a lot about VM programming or active menus (if you search for Sonic DVD Audio Creator or Sonic DAC on QQ you'll see more head spinning discussion :)

The user interface of Wavelab makes my head ache. I'd prefer a standalone DVD-A authoring program rather than an output module in an editor. Reading the manual you definitely get extremely tired of the word "montage" :eek:

Other than that, my need does not justify the price.

thanks.
just so I understand, the name of the program is tsMuxeR?
Also, where do I get tsMuxeR?
And I honestly don't yet understand what you mean by audio streams. Can I convert the two separate stereo wave files to 1 4 ch audio stream format?
sorry but I am a total beginner here. I got to a point where I thought I knew a lot only to find out I know next to nothing.
I do appreciate all this info.
thanks
yes, tsMuxeR. here is a link for DL
http://www.videohelp.com/software/tsMuxeR

b.t.w. since BD-A without any fancy video didn't use much data, you do not even need to go with blu ray recorder and BD blank media.
average blank DVD will fit and all BD players will recognise and read it as blu ray disc.

to manipulate audio files, you can get also freeware audio editor Audacity.
to split stereo, import your audio files, in each track click pointing down arrow and select "split stereo to mono".
to save new tracks as mono, from menu "file" scroll down to "export multiple", but actually you'll gonna need surround stream,
thus better after splitting stereo to mono, from same menu "file" select "export". that's will open for you small pop-up windows
with sort of confirmation in regard of files and such. just click "ok" and save those 4 mono track to single surround 4.0
http://audacity-portable.en.softonic.com/

As a followup, I worked a little with the HD Solo program and will continue to work with it as I find it easy to work with. I can't remember if I mentioned it but I recently took my H2n 4ch audio recorder to a concert and I am now working on the final product. Not a pro production mind you. Just a hobby. But all you have given me has been very useful. Thanks again.

Back