MOFI Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure they aren't preauthorizations? Acoustic Sounds does it to me now for all my pre-orders and my bank spends 4 or 5 days trying to push the money through. But the charge falls off after that without a dime being sent. It sucks because I can't access that money until the charge falls off. I've spoken to both my bank and Acoustic Sounds with both blaming the other.

Are you sure they aren't preauthorizations? Acoustic Sounds does it to me now for all my pre-orders and my bank spends 4 or 5 days trying to push the money through. But the charge falls off after that without a dime being sent. It sucks because I can't access that money until the charge falls off. I've spoken to both my bank and Acoustic Sounds with both blaming the other.
100% Sure.

17.05.22 Mobile Fidelity Sound L 312-433-0200
Utenlandsk kjøp 62.13 USD

Mobile Fidelity charged $62.13 to my credit card on May 17th 2022.

Thriller was shipped in November, almost six months later. Counting myself lucky I didn't pre-order Van Halen.

I have consistently found that MOFI preorders charge card at date of preorder while their parent company, Music Direct, charges card at date of shipment.
And that’s pretty-much why I try to wait until I see something listed on MD and pre-order from them instead of MoFi... IF I intend to pre-order at all which is less likely these days because of their tendency to announce things way sooner then they’re ready.

I was excited to see another Dylan MoFi announced today, but disappointed that it’s a pre-order meaning who knows when it will come out?

Good As I Been To You

Bob_Dylan_GoodAsIBeenToYou_SV_SACD_33c9d6d0-ba97-4d7c-aca9-736729e2b1d6_800x.jpg

My copy of Asbury Park arrived yesterday. I preordered this April 18, 2023.
As I have said before there is no benefit to pre order and I have one more that I pre ordered and now I will never pre order again.
Yesterdays Asbury Park pre order arrived as #1190.
CMOB_2264_SA__177972__04042023090025-9870.jpg

The only thing I'd like to ask is why they put the VH titles up for pre-order two years ago in the first place.
Because that’s what they do. Many of their pre-order listings never see the light of day.
I think they do that to judge the potential sales volume.
Too little and they scrap the project ???

I know of at least one instance where the Sinatra Estate reneged on a previously granted licensing agreement. Mind you, I’m not implying that that is a common reason for a MoFi product not making it to market.

Last edited:
Well that would suck.
That means that if you want to see an album released you have to pre-order (or hope others do) regardless of how pointless it seems given the length of time from pre-order to release.

Well that would suck.
That means that if you want to see an album released you have to pre-order (or hope others do) regardless of how pointless it seems given the length of time from pre-order to release.
I would never ever worry about that. They are doing the right thing because they listened to all the complaints.
The deals have been made, sit back relax and order when you get the notification to order.
Don't forget these two that are available now, both are great.
CMOB_2269_SA__173893__11282022013710-6089.jpg
CMOB_2261_SA__179608__06062023100150-1600.jpg

MoFi just announced SACD of:

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water​

https://mofi.com/collections/coming...funkel-bridge-over-troubled-water-hybrid-sacd
NOT to sound ungrateful...but whatever happened to the Sony Japan QUAD version of BOTW announced a few years ago and then WITHDRAWN [rather CANCELED].

Did Paul Simon put the kibosh on that release?

IMO, BOTW with its densely multi layered tracks BEGS for the surround treatment.

I could only imagine what Steve Wilson could accomplish with both BOTW and BOOKENDS in DOLBY ATMOS!

R.5f72e7af0420c84701d85e81cda4ffd5

Last edited:
NOT to sound ungrateful...but whatever happened to the Sony Japan QUAD version of BOTW announced a few years ago and then WITHDRAWN [rather CANCELED].

Did Paul Simon put the kibosh on that release?

IMO, BOTW with its densely multi layered tracks BEGS for the surround treatment.

I could only imagine what Steve Wilson could accomplish with both BOTW and BOOKENDS in DOLBY ATMOS!

R.5f72e7af0420c84701d85e81cda4ffd5
Roy Halee and Paul Simon were an amazing creative force together in the studio. I could only imagine what might be possible to do if SW was to start out with the original tracks before any bouncing took place.

I understand the enthusiasm, but I feel you sort of miss the point of Wall of Sound production. It's meant to blend together into a cohesive whole.

If you think it would be better for it to be more spread out, then that's fine. It's just that this type of production is built upon the lack of separation of its instrumentation.

I understand the enthusiasm, but I feel you sort of miss the point of Wall of Sound production. It's meant to blend together into a cohesive whole.

If you think it would be better for it to be more spread out, then that's fine. It's just that this type of production is built upon the lack of separation of its instrumentation.
So you're basically inferring it would sound better in MONO ...and I'm not being facetious, I assure you!

IMO, what better way to achieve total immersion than a newly remixed dolby ATMOS remix....especially with today's sophisticated tools?

Last edited:
Back