Monkey House “Remember The Audio” - Dolby Atmos mix now available as a lossless download!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an Apple Music app for Windows currently in beta, but it runs on Windows 11 only. I don't have a Windows laptop that will run Windows 11, but @Blackwood: if you're a subscriber, maybe you could try it and see if you can stream AM directly to your AVR via HDMI? (I wouldn't necessarily be put off by the comments; I've installed it--and run it, in stereo--on a freestanding desktop machine, and it's given me no problems.)
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/apple-music-preview/9PFHDD62MXS1

Glad you got it working on PC! Are you using the native Windows video player app or VLC?

I still don’t understand why the Macs can’t do this.
Baffling to me as well considering how Apple has always seemingly prided themselves on their love of music. Maybe they just meant the music the sell or stream.

I went with VLC simply because I’m used to it on a Mac.

There's an Apple Music app for Windows currently in beta, but it runs on Windows 11 only. I don't have a Windows laptop that will run Windows 11, but @Blackwood: if you're a subscriber, maybe you could try it and see if you can stream AM directly to your AVR via HDMI? (I wouldn't necessarily be put off by the comments; I've installed it--and run it, in stereo--on a freestanding desktop machine, and it's given me no problems.)
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/apple-music-preview/9PFHDD62MXS1
Streaming from my Apple TV to my AVR with the Music sub works like a dream. Never had a problem there and I love streaming Atmos music that way.

It’s just the digital downloads from places like IAA where Macs seem to hate height speakers connected to AVRs. Even Plex on Apple TV didn’t work. Think I tried Kodi, too.

Plus, I digitized all my 177 Atmos and 5.1 albums recently and wanted to have easy access to them on a home server. So this was all about ripped MKVs or purchased MKVs... and I’m thrilled to finally have this solved.

Now paying even more attention to IAA releases.

This was the first album to try out the setup as it was the first digital Atmos album I bought. Sounds even better with some heights available.
Now paying even more attention to IAA releases.
I'm currently testing the next in what is hopefully a series of new Atmos remixes from these guys' back-catalog. I daresay it's an even better surround experience than Remember The Audio. Stay tuned!

This release marks the beginning of a partnership between IAA and Alma Records, an independent Canadian label focused primarily on Jazz and World music. I’m told that Alma is committed to remixing much of their back-catalog in Atmos, with several more albums such as The Florian Hoefner Trio’s Desert Bloom and Hilario Durán’s Front Street Duets already streaming on Apple Music.
Recap of Alma's Atmos releases thus far (all mixed in Atmos by John 'Beetle' Bailey). More to come in 2024!

Back