Quad LP/Tape Poll Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour [CD-4/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "EGBDF"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Some discographies list a Japanese quad vinyl[King 4D-27, discrete], so a CD-4 is noted in the title. Album 6 of the Original 7.

Side 1:

1. Procession 2. The Story In Your Eyes 3. Our Guessing Game 4. Emily's Song 5. After You Came

Side 2:

1. One More Time To Live 2. Nice To Be Here 2. You Can Never Go Home 4. My Song

Attachments

• Moody EGBDF A.gif
    Moody EGBDF A.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 394
One of my favorite MB titles, especially in quad which uses different mixes than the stereo issues. Really like the segue from Procession to Story In Your Eyes. You can use almost any Moody Blues tape to demo Q8 quad to newbies; they all rock; but this album also rolls em off the sofa. :banana: give it a 9.

This is undoubtedly my favourite Moody Blues album. I have only just discovered that it was released in CD-4 in Japan. It was reel-to-reel and Q8 in the States I think. Just ordered all of the new SACD releases that stop before this one. I only hope they get to the SACD for this, or somehow i will need to find a copy of the quad version on LP. I doubt there is a quad copy of this in the UK. For some reason Threshold never released any Moody Blues in quad in Europe, as far as I know.

Here's hoping for the SACD!

I really like most of the Moody Blues Quads. All 10's to me except Days of future past. Can't wait to hear the SACD, Hopefully it will be anounced soon.:banana:

Great recording in quad. The opening track is pure surround demo. This one's a 10 all the way!

Attachments

• MBDVD-EGBDF400.JPG
    MBDVD-EGBDF400.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 352
  • egbdf.jpg
    egbdf.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 353
"Procession" is a great Quad demo, even if it is the most ridiculous bit of nonsense they ever recorded...:D I mean, really, how bloody silly...rest of the album is better, though track for track, this might be the weakest of the Orig 7, esp. Side 2...

ED :)

"Procession" is a great Quad demo, even if it is the most ridiculous bit of nonsense they ever recorded...:D I mean, really, how bloody silly...rest of the album is better, though track for track, this might be the weakest of the Orig 7, esp. Side 2...

ED :)
This is a 14 year old post but better late than never right?! Just got my hands on a quad reel transfer of this guy and can confirm, Procession is a great Quad Demo! Glad I found a transfer of this guy because I'm really enjoying it. Been digging into quad more lately, maybe I'll get a quad setup at some point.

Not their best record, but it's got The Story in Your Eyes which makes this worthy of being in my library in and of itself.

8/10

Back