HiRez Poll Moody Blues - EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Moody Blues - EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR

• Total voters
I got home last night and for whatever reason I decided to play just the first two tracks on this quad. Well, I could not stop at that point and had to listen to the whole thing. Now understand that my brain is etched with the stereo versions of the Moody Blues records that I played hundres of times back in the early to mid 70s.

Beyond a doubt, there is a boatload of information in the quad version that is just simply buried in the two channel mix. The separation of the various voices...and the Moodies were experts at having four of them going at once...is a heavenly revelation. And the clarity of the plucking of guitars is wonderful. So, in line with my policy of rating classic releases in comparison to "what came before", I've got to raise my vote to a 10.

An 8 from me.
don't remember playing this LP much back in the day.
Only the two first tracks I find worthy 40 years later, the rest seem a bit uninspired

Listened with no LFE and yes, it feels a bit less muffled - thanks QQ!
If only the high frequencies were there, I'd give it an 8.5

An 8 from me.
don't remember playing this LP much back in the day.
Only the two first tracks I find worthy 40 years later, the rest seem a bit uninspired

Listened with no LFE and yes, it feels a bit less muffled - thanks QQ!
If only the high frequencies were there, I'd give it an 8.5

That‘s actually a rather good score for a period piece that you didn’t play much back on the day. If you think this SACD lacks highs, go back to the LP...It sounds like mud.

Back