HiRez Poll Moody Blues - EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Moody Blues - EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new SACD release. (y) :phones (n)

Attachments

• mb-egbdf.jpg
    mb-egbdf.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 609
Hi, I just got my copies of these two SACDs, haven't listened to them yet but does anyone know how to go about returning this one with the missing track for the replacement reissue? I plan to listen to both of these this weekend.

Where did you guys end up ordering this from?

I'd like to get a copy, and I could care less about the missing bonus track.

Everywhere I've looked has the disk listed as back ordered.

Where did you guys end up ordering this from?

I'd like to get a copy, and I could care less about the missing bonus track.

Everywhere I've looked has the disk listed as back ordered.

I ordered mine from CD Universe - and even though it was delayed for a bit, I rec'd mine last week - the domestic version - still missing the last bonus track. No bother to me though.

Consistent with the rest of the releases with respect to mix and sonics. happy to finally have it to complete my Moodies surround collecton. "Procession" makes for a great surround demo and "Story in your Eyes" is still my favorite MB tune. 8

I actually found a copy at the local record store tonight!

I'm half way through the disk, and so far it's my favorite of the Moody Blues SACDs!

Not sure why (other than it is time to get a new player) my Pioneer 563 keeps going to the CD layer and bypassing the SACD layer - although not everytime - this is only happening with this disc:confused: Anyway, the few times I listened in surround it sounded fine - an 8. Consistently strong set, songwise from the Moodies - a personal fave from back in the day.

update on the recall: a fix to the package not the disc.

"Every Good Boy" recall update. Earlier this month, we reported that Universal had recalled copies of the just-issued remastered version of Every Good Boy Deserves Favour to address the absence of an alternate version of "After You Came" (Full Non-Varispeeded Version). Several readers (including John Elcome, Whitney McCray, and Linda Covington) write to report that the company's "fix" constitutes reprinting the CD's booklet to omit references to the track and affixing a sticker that announces two bonus tracks instead of three.

http://www.moodies-magazine.com/moody_news1.htm

Just got my copy this week from caiman (amazon connected). Fixed or not, this is one of the best MB releases. Very nice discrete surround, clear solid placed vocals, and not bright.

Excellent. Well worth the wait. I'm not biased (being a hard-core MB fan;) ) but I gave it a 10.

ss9001

Consistent with the rest of the releases with respect to mix and sonics. happy to finally have it to complete my Moodies surround collecton. "Procession" makes for a great surround demo and "Story in your Eyes" is still my favorite MB tune. 8

I agree that the first two tracks that you mention are the highlights on this SACD.

Also, they are a lot more interesting in SACD Surround Sound than the SACD Stereo and CD Stereo versions on the disc.

update on the recall: a fix to the package not the disc.

"Every Good Boy" recall update. Earlier this month, we reported that Universal had recalled copies of the just-issued remastered version of Every Good Boy Deserves Favour to address the absence of an alternate version of "After You Came" (Full Non-Varispeeded Version). Several readers (including John Elcome, Whitney McCray, and Linda Covington) write to report that the company's "fix" constitutes reprinting the CD's booklet to omit references to the track and affixing a sticker that announces two bonus tracks instead of three.

http://www.moodies-magazine.com/moody_news1.htm
I just got a corrected one. The 3rd bonus track is now missing from the CD, the cover & the booklet, but the sticker still refers to 3 bonus tracks.

I just got a corrected one. The 3rd bonus track is now missing from the CD, the cover & the booklet, but the sticker still refers to 3 bonus tracks.
You are kidding?? They went to all the bother to remove a track rather than add the one they missed???!!! :confused: No way. If that is true, it is another reason to moan the lack of sanity in record companies.:eek:

You are kidding?? They went to all the bother to remove a track rather than add the one they missed???!!! :confused: No way. If that is true, it is another reason to moan the lack of sanity in record companies.:eek:
The track was never there. I was referring to "the one they missed".

This album's opening track "Procession" is probably THE best highlight of the Moody Blues surround SACD series.
Follow that with one of my favorite Justin Hayward tracks "The Story in Your Eyes", this album is one hell of a journey till it reaches its grand finale with Mike Pinder's "Your Song", another surround highlight.
Just like "Seventh Sojourn", all compositions are pretty solid and a joy to listen to. :)

10. Perhaps I'm being overly generous. For a long time, it was my fave Moodies album. Today TOCCC is my fave. Still, this one is pretty damn strong. Great material, good mix. I've had a Q8, cassette, 2 ch LP, CD & Gold CD of this. And, yes, Story in Your Eyes is one of their best tracks.

Hey All,

Just got around to listening to this one. It is an enjoyable listen, and I like the mix. However, my copy has only 9 tracks - no bonus tracks. My copy has a sticker referring to two bonus tracks, and the sleeve suggests track 10 as The Story In Your Eyes and track 11 as The Dreamer. Neither of these appear on my disc. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Hey All,

Just got around to listening to this one. It is an enjoyable listen, and I like the mix. However, my copy has only 9 tracks - no bonus tracks. My copy has a sticker referring to two bonus tracks, and the sleeve suggests track 10 as The Story In Your Eyes and track 11 as The Dreamer. Neither of these appear on my disc. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

The bonus tracks are only on the stereo layer, and that's the way it is for "On the Threshold of a Dream", "A Question of Balance", and "Seventh Sojourn" as well.

Back