Quad LP/Tape Poll Moody Blues, The: On The Threshold Of A Dream[Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "OTTOAD"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Sometimes I just get the urge to put this one in the Q8 deck...:banana: Pretentious as hell, but very well done...:)

Side 1:

1. In The Beginning
2. Lovely To See You
3. Dear Diary
4. Send Me No Wine
5. To Share Our Love
6. So Deep Within You

Side 2:

1. Never Comes The Day
2. Lazy Day
3. Are You Sitting Comfortably
4. The Dream
5. Have You Heard Pt. I
6. The Voyage
7. Have You Heard Pt. II

Attachments

• Moody Blues OTTOADA.jpg
    Moody Blues OTTOADA.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
This is one of my all time favorite Moodies LPs. To hear it in quad is a revelation. I only hope that they don't screw up the mix on the SACD. From the opening to the epic ending starting with "Are You Sitting Comfortably", this is a quad fan's dream release. Gotta hear the reel, though.

Attachments

• dream.JPG
    dream.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 460
I'm jealous....:phones The Q8 was good fun back in the day, but awfully worn now....:( But that's the way of those buggers....

The Moodies benefitted greatly from Quad, because there was so much going on in most of their songs, and even when there wasn't, the mixes were smart and well balanced. But there's nothing like hearing that last batch of tracks in Quad, "The Voyage" really opens up nicely...:banana:

Aside from how the sound is mastered, can't imagine how they could screw up these discs, Jon. Justin, John and Graeme apparently gave their blessing to the use of the original Quad mixes, so one would figure that, except for some kind of center channel and .1 woofer adjustments, the mixes should stay intact(hope they image them correctly!) Uh-oh....;)

ED :)

I really like most of the Moody Blues Quads. All 10's to me except Days of future past. Can't wait to hear rhe SACD.:banana:

Back