HiRez Poll Moody Blues - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Moody Blues - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

• Total voters
Just relistened to this album, and like most others on here, I feel that this album has the best surround mix out of all of the SACDs.
There are plenty of tracks that provide great surround moments like "Higher and Higher" and "Beyond", while also offering some of the strongest MB compositions like "Gypsy", "Candle of Life", and "Watching & Waiting".
Definitely worth having in any surround collection. :)

I've had this SACD for some time. Thought I'd give it a spin, so I can vote and comment on it.

The surround mix, I would give a 9. Of course, the music is a 10. The audio qualities, overall, I give a 7. No, I don't average all those.....my final score is a 7. I think this severe lack of any bass whatsoever, is a mystery to me. I have other MB discs...and they sound amazing. Not sure what happened here. I just cannot get over the lack of bass....

So - 7

Love the surround mix and I've never heard the fidelity on this album sound this good. This album really flows well from beginning to end... And it puts a big smile on my face! 9. Great music!

First, this disc does have some bass, though if you want to hear it better, the quad reel would have superior sound to the Q8--and to this dubious remaster, which somehow I rated an '8' years ago, probably because it was less annoying than the others in the series. I still think the sound has been pinched and tweaked more than a tad too much, and that the open fullness of the original quad master just isn't there (that's speculation, of course, since none of us have heard that actual master. Pity).

Second, I'd ask what tracks or situations do you consider 'odd' about the mix? Some of my fave quad titles have wonky mixes but they don't hamper my enjoyment, while others are just too strange to like.

ED :)

Just bought this one a few weeks ago. Good songs, good mix, although I personally prefer Threshold. Maybe that's because I had that one in college and I remember it better. We'll see if this one grows on me. 8

Just bought this one a few weeks ago. Good songs, good mix, although I personally prefer Threshold. Maybe that's because I had that one in college and I remember it better. We'll see if this one grows on me. 8

Got this one a bit ago. Not as good as threshold but very enjoyable...i rate an 8

I would agree with the "8" rating, but its fidelity is about a 12 compared to the string of stereo CD versions Floating (oops, sorry another pun) out there.

I would agree with the "8" rating, but its fidelity is about a 12 compared to the string of stereo CD versions Floating (oops, sorry another pun) out there.

Wouldnt know never had this one.
Hoping i can eventually get them all cuz i really like moody blues. Got to see them once in concert about 20 or years ago.
Absolutely one of the best musical concerts ive ever been to

Just got this one, new at an agreeable price too. Giving it a 9.
Best of the bunch I'd say in terms of clean sound and surround.
Music-wise I doubt that even grandchildren will know of it's existence, but for us old-timers this version comes as a pleasant surprise

Get them in a car on a long road trip and play the Moody Blues incessantly. They may end up hating the band, but they will surely know of its existence. Seriously, as children who love music become adults and then also old-timers, they may find an interest in music that was created before they were born.

Back