Steve Wilson More Gentle Giant in 5.1 coming - Free Hand, Interview and The Missing Piece

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

MCDave

400 Club - QQ All-Star
There isn't a single currently available Cambridge component that even remotely compares to any Oppo player. The only thing that comes close is the discontinued CXUHD, which is a universal player like the Oppo, and uses the same Mediatek platform, but the CXUHD doesn't contain any DAC onboard. It is a disc transport only.

So, exactly which Cambridge component is a "rebadged" Oppo?

fcormier

There isn't a single currently available Cambridge component that even remotely compares to any Oppo player. The only thing that comes close is the discontinued CXUHD, which is a universal player like the Oppo, and uses the same Mediatek platform, but the CXUHD doesn't contain any DAC onboard. It is a disc transport only.

So, exactly which Cambridge component is a "rebadged" Oppo?
I think my comment was valid 5 years ago (or more?) with the Cambridge Azur 650BD/651BD and I haven't looked into it since because of the Sony UDP-X800 (which came out in 2017?)

EDIT: it was 10 years ago that Cambridge launched the Azur 650BD/651BD

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The Cambridge CXU was similar in size to the Oppo 103, but the sound was upgraded (IMO) by going to the Wolfson DACs .
Different sound character for sure.
Was it a “rebadged” Oppo? Not in my opinion but definitely similar being based on the same chassis. Primare and PS Audio players were also based on Oppos.