More Gentle Giant in 5.1 coming - Free Hand, Interview and The Missing Piece

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll order it on amazon us once Australia customers can actually put an order in. For some reason the price and availability is blocked to Australia customers despite the advertising states it is available for shipping to Australia

Last edited:
Also preordered... been waiting for this for a looong time. Been a fan since Three Friends was released. Back in the day it wasn't easy to get all the GG albums. Got the Capitols in the US and the Vertigos in London. IIRC Glass House vinyl wasn’t released in the US.

Also preordered... been waiting for this for a looong time. Been a fan since Three Friends was released. Back in the day it wasn't easy to get all the GG albums. Got the Capitols in the US and the Vertigos in London. IIRC Glass House vinyl wasn’t released in the US.

You're right about GG's In A Glass House. That album (like the band's self titled debut) wasn't released in the USA until the CD era.

I’ve heard this album countless times. Bought it on release and have a couple versions on CD. Definitely sounds different to me. Especially the guitar.

I didn't say it sounded the same.

I said it doesn't sound all that better to me. I.e., I don't prefer this 2channel mix to the original 2channel mix.

Just a few more weeks until Free Hand! Man, this back cover looks great!

81dneSuYsmS._SL1200_.jpg

I can't help but notice the original stereo mix is listed as a "flat transfer" while the quad is not. If it is mastered, I just hope it's a new, sympathetic mastering with the channels correctly mapped. 😬

We'll see when we get our copies of Free Hand in 3 weeks. I had that quad version of FH from the previous deluxe edition of the album and I didn't like at all (and I found on this site that they had messed on the mastering of that quad mix).

Back