More Guess Who in Multichannel SACD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far every title that has “Sold Out” was repressed, hopefully that applies here.
This is actually good news IMO, it encourages DV to stay the course

...and when this happened before some out of print stuff suddenly came back into stock and magically a clutch of new titles appeared around about the same time!! 😱 what could this all mean... has the Wizard of Watford been cracking his whip to get those cute little Austrian elves working overtime to make more Guess Who discs? guess what, i dunno but i hope so!!! 👀 🤔 🤭 🤤

Just a silly stray thought today, would it be beyond the realm of possibility to request a re-do of the Guess Who's Best Of #1? Mr. Dutton seems to know how to bring life back to these old master tapes, but, this time around, let's try and make sure the channels are in the correct spots. The Q8 and Reel have issues, the Audio Fidelity SACD is a mess.... can we maybe take one more whack at it and finally get it right? I'd even be OK with it being a single disc!

Just a silly stray thought today, would it be beyond the realm of possibility to request a re-do of the Guess Who's Best Of #1? Mr. Dutton seems to know how to bring life back to these old master tapes, but, this time around, let's try and make sure the channels are in the correct spots. The Q8 and Reel have issues, the Audio Fidelity SACD is a mess.... can we maybe take one more whack at it and finally get it right? I'd even be OK with it being a single disc!

It's such a shame Artificial Paradises' mix is not so good. Dare I say, it's one of the Guess Who's stronger albums with hard-edge rockers like:

"Bye Bye, Babe"
"Rock and Roller Steam"
"All Hashed Out"

A couple perennial Guess Who hits:

"Orly"
"Follow your Daughter Home" (Personally, I think this is the BEST Guess Who Quad mix. I wouldn't change a thing!)

But, there's at least one song that I think - though it's a bit of a throw-away - might be saved by a multichannel mix:

"Hamba Gahle-Usalang Gahle "

It's kind of reminiscent of "Love and a Yellow Rose" from Wheatfield Soul. Not exactly a chart-topping hit, but the 4-channel mix just leaps out at you.

I wish D-V could get permission, and have the budget to Remix this album, Flavours, Power in the Music.... and if Mr. Richardson was mistaken, why not complete the other two albums - FINALLY give us the full-length Paramount show (some songs still remain unreleased!!) and have a couple D-V exclusives on their hands.

It would also give us the entire Guess Who catalog in surround sound. Major undertaking for sure... but... there's a lot of prestige and sales potential here.

Imagine selling all the Guess Who albums as a boxed set with remastered stereo AND all the Quad mixes?? There's money there.

Bad mix or not, I still wish they would release it just for the Hi-Res 2 channel mix. Artificial Paradise is my favorite Guess Who album.

Still room for two more two-fers if they did Best of with Artificial Paradise and Flavours with Power in the Music. The last two though.... If those are real 4-channel mixes, they are the least exciting and are almost nothing more than super stereo.

Back