Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless Amazon offers it at a decent price. The sales tax is a real kick in the pants driving up the price. It's listed in sterling pounds at Cherry Red, but when I did the exchange rate after shipping, it came out to $138. 😐

This may shock some here, but I don’t believe the price is unreasonable at all for this era. Keep in mind a lot of physical releases are being dropped in favor of streaming only instead. Combine that with the fact, it’s what, 3 whole albums mixed in surround by Steven Wilson in a Blu-ray format? It is a large box overall as well.

I’ll admit, I was never a huge Hawkwind fan, but that’s mainly due to unfamiliarity of their music. I’d be obliged if some folks here can give examples of their favorite tracks in this set for me and others here not familiar with their music to check out. It’ll be fun then to try and visualize aurally what SW will do with it in surround :)

This may shock some here, but I don’t believe the price is unreasonable at all for this era. Keep in mind a lot of physical releases are being dropped in favor of streaming only instead. Combine that with the fact, it’s what, 3 whole albums mixed in surround by Steven Wilson in a Blu-ray format? It is a large box overall as well.

I’ll admit, I was never a huge Hawkwind fan, but that’s mainly due to unfamiliarity of their music. I’d be obliged if some folks here can give examples of their favorite tracks in this set for me and others here not familiar with their music to check out. It’ll be fun then to try and visualize aurally what SW will do with it in surround :)
I'd say that virtually every track on Quark, Strangeness and Charm is a winner - the first 2 tracks Spirit of the Age and Damnation Alley are an excellent place to start. There's plenty of great synth (and violin) work on this album, which would I imagine sound great thrown around in surround.

25 Years on - again the opening 2 tracks PSI Power and Freefall.

PXR5 - Robot (punky) and High Rise (hypnotic)

Enjoy!

QS&C is great, it is a close second behind Hall of the Mountain Grill (my fav) in my book. PXR5 is pretty good too, I've grown to appreciate it with each listen. I never listened to 25 Years on so I am excited to hear it for the first time in glorious 5.1.
I think the boxset is worth every penny. I just hope I have enough in the piggy bank for when the deluxe version of Who's Next comes out. 😬

I rather pay 130.00 minus their 15 percent discount for Hawkwind's 8 discs and four albums in 5.1 than 289.00 for Kiss's Creatures Of The Night. But it is has gone down a bit. Hawkwind is amazing.

I'm usually late to the party and start checking here to see if my sighting is right. It appears the Shed has the best price I could find with delivery to the States, West Coast at $109.07 with today's conversion rate. Beat my original ImportCD order by some $21 and that is unusual.

I'm usually late to the party and start checking here to see if my sighting is right. It appears the Shed has the best price I could find with delivery to the States, West Coast at $109.07 with today's conversion rate. Beat my original ImportCD order by some $21 and that is unusual.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered via PayPal and it came to $113.85 total (insured and tracking to US).

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Here's what mine showed:
1673649677219.png

And then the conversion to US Dollars:
1673649755312.png

Yes, I also got burned sometime back by Pay Pal with a conversion fee. With a CC direct payment, at most you may get charged is a1% International tax fee.

Last edited:
Back