Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no mention of any upmixes anywhere in the packaging or contents.
Indeed, I was asked to share the info here because the label mistakenly omitted it from the packaging.

I’m told Steven Wilson completed the mixing work on this set years ago (not long after the prior Hawkwind 5.1 release), so somebody at Cherry Red/Esoteric must have forgotten about the upmixes in the interim.

I've read and re-read the blurb in the booklet and I can't find any reference to Penteo Upmixes.

Unless they've chosen not to mention them.

I did read Jonathans concerns about them

Maybe I've missed something
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I appreciate that. I hope to get this set soon!

I bought mine from importcd. They show it as still back ordered may take 45 days to get it.......
I just hope they dont cancel my order.

I bought mine from importcd. They show it as still back ordered may take 45 days to get it.......
I just hope they dont cancel my order.
I got mine on Tuesday from Import CD. I wasn’t expecting it to come so quickly. I won’t get a chance to check it out until next week. Hopefully yours is on the way. I didn’t get any notice that it had shipped it just showed up.

I’m still wading thru the massive content of this beast release and won’t vote in the poll until then, but I have listened to the three Wilson 5.1 mixes on the Blu-ray discs and am happy to report they are fantastic.

This is out there crazy music at times and Wilson’s highly adventurous mix is absolutely perfect. Synth bleats, guitars, voices and other sounds all encircle the listener with fantastic fidelity. The overall sound is punchy with great depth. Ben Wiseman’s non-compressed mastering (to my ear) allows these gems to be cranked without issue.

The five Penteo upmixes mentioned by @sjcorne don’t come close to Wilson’s remixes and it’s a real shame the original tapes for those otherwise excellent tracks weren’t available!

Back