Steven Wilson More Hawkwind!!! (Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in March!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which_One_Is_Pink

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I was listening to Cherry Red Radio (episode 11 from Dec 2020) today on Delicious Agony Prog Rock Radio and one of the last songs they played was Lazarus from Deadwing and after it finished they were talking about Steven Wilson and brought up the 5.1 mix he did for Hawkwind's Warriors on the Edge of Time and said he had also done 5.1 mixes for Quark Strangeness and charm, PXR5 and Hawklords and they should be released sometime this year! I could not find anything here on the forum about this but fantastic if true. love me some Quark in 5.1!

I was listening to Cherry Red Radio (episode 11 from Dec 2020) today on Delicious Agony Prog Rock Radio and one of the last songs they played was Lazarus from Deadwing and after it finished they were talking about Steven Wilson and brought up the 5.1 mix he did for Hawkwind's Warriors on the Edge of Time and said he had also done 5.1 mixes for Quark Strangeness and charm, PXR5 and Hawklords and they should be released sometime this year! I could not find anything here on the forum about this but fantastic if true. love me some Quark in 5.1!
[/QUOTE of]
Quark is a great album with good production values.
Damnation Alley would be fantastic ...:love:

I'm staggered by this news.
I bought the Cherry Red Warrior on The Edge box years before I had a system to listen to the surround mix because I became a fan when I saw them on tour behind that album and was smitten.

Legendary Robert Calvert had left the group for two albums after Space Ritual Alive, but returned for Quark.

Can we assume the Hawklords album must be 25 Years On?
https://www.discogs.com/master/99879-Hawklords-25-Years-On
This is some classic material, but like always, they'd better release before most potential buyers are past caring or dead.
Unfortunately, we can't go into cryonic suspended animation waiting.

I would've liked you to have been deep frozen too
And waiting still as fresh in your flesh for my
Return to earth
But your father refused to sign the forms to freeze you

Let's see you'd be about 60 now, and long dead
By the time I return to earth
My time held dreams were full of you as you were
When I left, still underage

Your android replica is playing up again
It's no joke
When she comes she moans another's name
But that's the Spirit of the Age, that's the
Spirit of the Age

My0zNTIzLmpwZWc.jpeg

MS00MDE4LmpwZWc.jpeg

You can Count me in I'm a Hawkwind fan :love:

But I wonder if SW could have mixed in 5.1 my fave ....."In The Hall Of The Mountain Grill" ???in my opinion ,it's better than Warrior On The Edge..
(Well ,,perhaps the Multi's Might be missing ....or screwed up big time)
I agree. I wish Hall of the Mountain Grill got mixed in 5.1. I always liked it more than Warrior on the Edge of Time. Maybe they'll find the multi's one day

Holy shit!

I probably would have guessed/picked Mountain Grill or Levitation or Sonic Attack for next choices. But I kind of can't wait to hear Iron Dream & 25 Years now! Never would have guessed more Hawkwind in 5.1 from SW and sure not these albums! I'd be interested in just about everything up to Electric Teepee to be clear!

I'll definitely be getting them, though I prefer the era up to and including Hall Of The Mountain Grill. I first saw them in January 1975, Watford Town Hall, on that tour, I last saw them January 2020! It would also be great if they did (or found the rumoured Quad mix) of In Search Of Space, my first ever album.

Last edited:
Back